Thursday, December 17, 2009

Another slightly early day

12-17-09

Ok, ready for the holiday party. I have Santa socks and my Santa hat. My outfit aside from that is slightly annoying since the skirt is the wrong kind, but it is what it is. So now I have to wait like 6 hours.

We ended up going to Disneyland last night. Since Roy died yesterday, we thought it appropriate. We ended up going over to Toon Town last night. We took the train over and headed in. They loved it. We went into Mickey’s house, where you actually got some face time with the big cheese himself. They take your picture with Mickey and they have this little card that you can then go download the photo. Totally cool! Mickey gave the boys hugs, and kissed and hugged me, which was strange but awesome. The boys were a little hesitant at first to meet the giant mouse, but they warmed up quickly.

We went on the Chip and Dale roller coaster. As we waited in line, they watched it zoom over us and they looked so excited. I have never seen them look so giddy. As we went up the hill, Dax was almost shaking with excitement. Then the fast part came on, and he was screaming YAY!!!! His face was ear to ear grin. Bobby was giggling hysterically. Clearly, we found what makes them happy. Ken and I were laughing so hard when we got off just due to how funny it was to see the boys so happy.

We explored a bit of Toon Town, hitting up the mini jail and letting the boys push buttons and turn the knobs to get all the sound effects. We also went on the Roger Rabbit ride, which they seemed overwhelmed with. There is so much to see in those rides, they barely have time to get all giddy like in the roller coaster.

It was now 6:30 or so, and this meant it was time to get going. We took the train back. We were going to take the tram to the parking lot. The lines were insane, with what looked like not enough trams running. I asked if we could walk, and Ken agreed. As we were walking away, we noted this empty tram with a few people starting to get on. So we also hopped on the tram. Clearly we were loading up when we should not be. But a bunch of other folks jumped on, filling up our car. We figured if they kicked us off, no worries, we could still walk.

Then a kid who was probably 10, that was in the group in our car, jumped out of the tram and proceeded to vomit. Fun. Luckily it was mostly dry heaves since I am pretty sure I didn’t need to see puke. Poor kid, though. He had all these people looking at him as he was sick. It was around this time the tram operator came back and shooed us all out of the tram. Oh well.

We walked to the lot, with a whiny Bobby and Dax the whole way. They complained of being hungry and tired. If they were tired, it means we don’t walk enough. I doubt they were as tired as they said as I have seen them run for 3 hours straight. Hungry, well, I could cut them some slack. It was almost 2 hours past dinner for them.

We stopped and got some food and got us all home. Bobby lost his show for the night since he just continues to not listen to me when I tell him to stop doing something. So the punishment has started to get harsher since it is the only thing that seems to make him understand.

I am relatively sure I am going to have a boring morning. I am tired. Although, I wonder if I need to deal with some idiots this morning.

So far it has in fact been a mellow morning. My schedule is all off because Kevin and Bean are out until next year. They still play best of, but their breaks are different and I kind of have been tuning out on the bits I have heard a million times. I also spent 20 minutes talking to MaryAnn about the care her mother is getting at this rehabilitation center. All I can say is, I hope my parents never have to be in one. It is horrible. She is 90 and broke her hip. She got some rod in her leg. This facility was to help her walk again and take care of her for a month while she healed. They are discharging her Saturday after telling MaryAnn and her sister very little, including neglecting to tell them that in fact her walking progress has gotten worse (they told them it had reached a plateau), got her convinced it is ok to use a diaper, and continued to give her stool softeners despite the fact that she had diarrhea. They are appealing it all, but honestly, I don’t know why you would fight to keep her in this place when they suck. I might be trying harder to find a new facility before Saturday so that you can get her some place that will actually care for her instead of just angering the folks at the place that already doesn’t seem to give a rat’s ass.

Ok, I just called in for a costume change. I texted Ken to see if he could bring me my other dress that would go better with what I am wearing. I am 3 hours into my day, and I am getting a costume change!! How lame am I??? Pretty lame. LOL!!

I found out that Grammie may have split her money up unevenly. My mom mentioned on the phone yesterday that my brother didn’t get the same amount as I did, and that in fact, the check my parents got was for them and Matt, and their check was the same amount as my check. At first, I was pretty annoyed with this. If you are going to give money to all the grandkids, don’t pick and choose favorites. I also know it probably upset my mom a bit in its reinforcing tone of picking me over Matt. I mentioned this to Brandy, and she pointed out that really, it wasn’t any of our place to get upset. It is Grammie’s money, after all and if she wants to give it all to a favorite rock in a park, that is her deal. I don’t need to worry about Matt in terms of him say being jealous of the money I got. I know my mom won’t tell him the amount, and Matt still sees he got some money, so that is all that matters in his eyes. I may worry too much about things being fair.

I am trying to teach my kids that life isn’t fair, so I suppose I need to adhere to that advice. I am buying Christmas presents for them, making sure they each have the same number of presents. It won’t always be the same. I might get Dax 2 little things and Bobby one big thing. I need to be ok with that, which in turn will teach them it is ok to be ok with that. They are still young enough to not count out who has more. But they are old enough to see, hey, Bobby got a Transformer, so why didn’t Dax. Yeah, it is that kind of complicated in my head.

Crap. So I am looking up the Optimus Prime toys and they don’t really have one that “matches” the Bumblebee Dax has. I am now left wondering if I get them both new ones so that they are matching. Arrggghhh! But I really don’t need more freaking blooping and bleeping toys in my house. Did I mention the elephants?

Yeah, the freaking elephants Grammie got them have been trumpeting so much I actually told the boys at one point I was about to start supporting poachers.

While on our way to Disneyland, Bobby yells out, “Look at the giant fag, mom!”

“Honey, you need to work on your “L” please.”

Ken brought me my costume change. I am so much happier in this. I feel more comfortable. He also asked me to bring my keys out when I came. I got out there and he says that he thought his sweatshirt was in the car. I then pointed out it was on me. LOL!

I am starving!! And I can’t eat for another 90 minutes!! Grrr!!

All is right with the universe. I found peanuts at my desk. Yum!

One hour till party time. I think I will head over a smidge early. Would rather not have to sit next to folks I can’t stand. It is a day like today I really miss all my old peeps that are not here anymore.

No comments: