Tuesday, December 22, 2009

You take the good with the bad

12-22-09

I am already in a foul mood. This morning, probably as I walked to my car, I seem to have lost my pink hair piece. I didn’t notice until I got to work and to my desk. I backtracked to my car in the lot, but it appears it must have fallen off either in my house or in my yard, where there were huge gusts of wind. I loved that thing, and I am going to be quite sad if it is gone forever. Plus, I am pissed because it went with my outfit today, and now my hair is just in a silly bun. I know, nothing to be pissed about, but it annoyed me.

On top of that, as much as I am loving this wonderful wind, it is making it next to impossible to get KROQ at my desk. At least it is just the best of this week, but still.

I also noticed I am out of gum.

Oh, yeah, and the computer crashed this morning while I was in the middle of stuff.

I am thinking that at this point, things can’t get worse, right? So perhaps they can only get better.

Yesterday afternoon was pretty good. We had to go by the post office to pick up Matt’s present since Ken had apparently not changed the ship to address on his amazon account. It was delivered to his old shop address, which ended up kicking it back to the USPS. Fun.

So we loaded the kids and in a random plan, we brought the dogs. I figured this was a relatively short outing, and Luna needs to get used to car trips. Lycos just enjoyed coming along.

Luna did great in the car. She was a smidge nervous, but took out her nervous energy by licking Bobby’s face clean. Eventually, she mostly just settled in. We got to the post office, where as predicted, it was packed. We drove around the tiny lot and dropped Ken off, and then the boys, dogs and I drove around the block. We went back into the lot and actually found a spot. It seemed that most people were just driving up to the drop off boxes, and overall, there was always someone leaving. It was quite organized! Ken didn’t take more than maybe 15 minutes, during which time the boys and I chit chatted, wile the dogs sat up in the shotgun position, checking out the sights.

Ken came out and we headed up to the doctor’s office to get the boys their H1N1 mist. We were nervous. Although Dax was a trouper last time, Bobby was not. Plus, for all we knew, they both might get crazy.

We went into the same room, which they both happily remembered. Dax popped up on the chair, and once again, was incredibly charming and sweet as he got his vaccine.

Bobby’s turn. I got really nervous when he said he didn’t want to sit in the same chair Dax used. Crap, this is how it starts. He wanted the smaller chair. So I pulled it out for him to sit. Sure enough, he sat calmly. He winced for each squirt, but was pleasant and happy right after. YAY!!!!!!

Now, I would like to say he did better because he knew what was coming this time, and therefore could handle it. In reality, we had told them only moments before if they do this well, McDonalds was in our immediate future.

We headed to the golden arches where the boys played for a little while. I am still always shocked at how many of the kids are with nannies and not parents. Luckily, this batch of kids were all well behaved with the right amount of crazy so everyone had a good time.

We got home, and the boys had their jammies on, ready for the wind down Spongebob. They kept chirping and wiggling and just wouldn’t sit still. It is quiet time in which we need to be calm. So I told them it was their last warning. If they couldn’t stay quiet, we would go to bed.

I think they must have thought I was kidding.

As we carried the spastic, screaming kids into their rooms, they each started losing other privileges. I don’t know what Bobby had done, but I do know Dax once again decided that violence was the best approach to his frustration. He kicked, he head butted, he hit. I pinned him down, as he flung his head back into my skull. Ouch. But after a while of me holding him down, he kept hitting his face on the bed. He yelled that he wanted to move his blanket. I explained once he calmed down that I would let him go and he could move it himself. So he kept yelling. Finally, he told me his nose hurt. Not shocking being that he was banging it pretty hard on the mattress. So he sat up, and he held it together long enough for me to tuck him in. He asked for a story, to which I explained that I don’t read to little boys who kick the shit out of me. He was upset. He yelled. He also has figured out magic words to make us worry. He told Ken he felt like he was going to throw up. He of course also asked for milk. I gave him a little before he talked to Ken. Mostly it was a compromise since he had been coughing from all the screaming. But he spent about 90 minutes fussing. He was that mad about losing story and Spongebob. He finally fell asleep.

Bobby had similar getting to sleep issues. He will come out to use the bathroom. He will ask for water. He will say he is cold. He will say he is scared. You name it, he will come up with it. I went to sleep long before I think he did.

My dad just forwarded me an email from my cousin, Jason. He is putting together some kind of present for Grammie that involves pictures. He needed pics of my family. So I sent him the Picasa link. I am thinking that will give him gobs to work with. It also makes me realize I have so much more to scan.

I get my dress today! YAY! I ordered a dress on Saturday from Torrid. The tracking info says it will come today. I am excited. It doesn’t take much to get me excited.

I need to go over and get my shot at 9. I am guessing this one will end up hurting since the other one did not. Fun. As Ken pointed out, it would totally suck if I had a bad reaction to this since it is right before Christmas. I am going to choose to ignore that.

Ok, so not only is my hair way too dark, this hair dye seems to have angered it more. It is more tangled and hair is falling out. Not fun. I have to just let it sit for a while since I don’t want to add anything to the mess for now. It is not the first time I have messed up my hair. I know it will be fine. I just need to be patient. Some creative up dos and hats will be my friend for a while.

Sigh. So apparently the gardeners found my hair piece. They tossed it. Ken found it at the bottom of the trash can. He is trying to salvage it (it landed in questionable debris), but it doesn’t look good. I am sad.

I have gotten my shot. Once again, it didn’t hurt. I didn’t even feel it. Woo Hoo! Of course, Vyerah came and yelled at me for doing a little cheer when I was done since hers still hurts. LOL!

Matt’s Christmas present was sent back. Sigh. So Ken is on a search to find it in a store. Fun.

I have become one of those women and I am not proud of it. My pregnant HR lady was at the shot place. She is due to have the baby within the next 10 days. She is already dilated. We talked a bit, and another co worker came in telling us that her grandbabies were just born. We then started talking birth stories, and I found myself not only knowing too much, but I am pretty sure I was annoying when I told them how it went. I was trying to reassure the pregnant one that it isn’t bad, but of course, my understanding is that I had it easy. Mind you, she has had a very easy pregnancy from what I can tell, but I think it is safe to say it is rude of me to brag.

The boys apparently fought with Ken a bit this morning on cleaning up their toys. Let’s just say there is a trash bag full of toys now on my bed. They tell Ken they don’t want to clean, so Ken says he will clean. I am going to go through the bag to see what things need to stay, and I am truly considering tossing the rest (by tossing I do mean Goodwill if possible. Some are pretty used). I figure if they can’t take care of their stuff, they should not have it. I may salvage some of the cooler things that I can then give them if they are good. But really, they have too much shit as it is, so this is a good opportunity to toss some. Plus, Christmas is in 3 days. I am sure they will have new stuff.

Ken’s travels have not proven to be successful. So far, he has determined no Matt’s present, so he is going to order it when he gets home for an over night delivery. Fun. He also has had zero luck on the transformers, which isn’t good. He his hitting up a different Toys R Us shortly and hopefully there is some luck. He did find Toy Story Lego, which the boys will love, so this is a good thing. I may have to go to K-Mart on the way home from work.

I wonder how many people are here tomorrow. The number of employees seem to be dwindling already. I can’t believe Christmas is this week! Where did the season go???

No reactions so far to my shot. This is a good thing. This means three quarters of our house is vaccinated. Ken is getting one on the 7th if I overheard correctly.

Bobby says to us yesterday that he had enchiladas at Maria’s and that he loved them. I have been trying to get him to eat enchiladas for some time now. Damn you Maria. I need to get him out as it is driving me nuts. I think part of my vacation will be spent researching local preschools.

I am falling asleep out of pure boredom. I hope I can find some good stuff to download for reading this afternoon.

No comments: