Friday, December 11, 2009

haze

12-11-09

Yay Nyquil in the idea that it helped with my stuffy nose and let me sleep. Plus, who knew it would make such funky dreams?

Today is going to be rough. Or at least this morning. I still feel drugged and sleepy. I am not functional.

An interesting thought came to me last night. In 20 days, it will be one year. Yes, we made it one year of having sex every day. Not all were mind blowing, but what did happen was that once a day, for each day of 2009, Ken and I took some time to be intimate with one another. So on January 1st, what do we do? I pointed out that as cool as it has been, there have been nights in which it would have been ok had we not. We had to sometimes strategically plan out certain situations since we didn’t want to get into a situation where it wasn’t going to happen. Part of that was actually fun. But of course, sometimes I would have been happy with sleep. On the other hand, there is something comforting knowing that even in the most hectic day, we would be connected, if only for a little bit. So for now, I don’t know what will happen. There is no real downside to continuing. Plus, since it is no longer the “challenge”, we can be more flexible with it. Maybe intimacy won’t just be that, but just some kind of closeness. Really, the best part of it was that we always have fun with it. I like that not only was there the connection, but every day, we laugh. That makes it all worth it.

I sent my mom the link to my old grade school friend, Christina’s accomplishments. She remembered her, and said that seriously, she made us all look like slackers. This made me pretty happy since my mom is pretty damn successful, so for even her to sit back and say wow was fun. We exchanged emails for a bit, and she told me she is not surprised at the accomplishments. My mom said that even when Christina was young, she was bright and super ambitious. That seemed reasonable. What surprised me was what my mom said next. She said that Christina was always in competition with me. I was shocked at this. We were 7! What was she competing with? My mom said I was the golden child. This throws me for such a loop. Golden in what? Look, I do know I was mostly well liked at Madison, but I don’t think I was the golden child. I liked the idea of my mom thinking so highly of me, though. She told me I would always be her golden child, and proceeds to tell me my boys were also now golden, so super mushy sweet was very nice to have yesterday.

I just chit chatted with co workers about Sand Dune park and malls and cinnamon rolls. Clearly it is a Friday attitude here at work. No one wants to be here. Most of these people really didn’t hang out in the likes of Manhattan Beach, so it is kind of fun talking about this place that seems all magical in their eyes, when in reality, it is a nice town, sure, but it isn’t Camelot.

I need new knee high socks. My wonderful red and black striped ones and my black and white striped ones have holes. I am so sad! I have had them for years and years. I got them I think before Bobby was born. My fear, though, is that I won’t be able to find them again. Torrid is no longer plus sized Hot Topic, which is where I would get them. So clearly, I need to start working out, if only to be able to get good socks. What a strange inspiration.

I think there is a baby shower today for the HR girl. She is a nice girl. Tiny, and seriously, there is nothing cuter than a tiny pregnant girl. So I may need to stop by to wish her congrats.

Ok, this makes me an uber nerd, but I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love the new 90210. I watched this week’s episode yesterday (I picked up the boys 10 minutes late because I couldn’t tear myself away). Oh. My. God. So freaking awesome! So freaking cheesy, and melodramatic and silly teen angst like with the touch of problems that would never happen to 16 years olds. It is truly perfect. My happy guilty pleasure. I was a little devastated when it said that it was gone until January, but of course, that is how it is with all these shows. I also think I have developed a little crush on Silver. I want her hair! Seriously, if I could look like her, all would be right with the universe. It would never happen, but maybe if I work real hard this next year, I can get there some day. Poor Ken. I had to of course recap it all to him in dizzying speed and girl chatter. He was incredibly patient with me, understanding that I had to talk about it to someone, and he just happened to be the one there to hear it. Seriously, I miss watching the old 90210 with girlfriends. Or even Melrose (this new incarnation of Melrose blows) back in the day. I liked the girl time. My poor household has to deal with my estrogen fests. Luckily, they seem to take it in stride.

I know I spend too much time on Facebook. When I am at work, I am constantly checking the bottom right corner of the screen for red updates.

I finally figured out what my peppermint holiday Glade candle reminds me of. Mind you, it smells nothing like peppermint, or the holidays. It smells like fruity pebbles. Why, I ask, why does the holiday candle smell like fruity pebbles??

We just got our paychecks and on them was a flyer for a game called “Name that Employee”. Apparently we can submit baby pictures of ourselves for people to guess who they are. Now, see, this is my kind of game only because I am shockingly good at identifying the grownup version of most baby pictures. The problem is, I don’t know most of the employees here on sight, so it might be pretty rude to scan the crowd and go, “oh, its that guy!” Someone here just asked me if I was going to summit a photo. I pointed out that since I don’t leave my desk, most people don’t know what I look like, so I am relatively sure they will not know my baby photo. Unless of course they realize that I just look like Dax, which is a picture I am sure more people have seen. LOL!

A thought just occurred to me. Daycare might actually be open the week of New Years. Probably not New years eve, but Monday through Wednesday! If this is the case, I may drop the kids off one of the days. Not all three, but one day and maybe Ken and I can go see a movie. Hmmm…..


I am quite pleased because I just looked at the time and saw that it was 11:30! Yay! My day seems to be moving at a pretty brisk pace. I also have been working pretty hard all morning, hitting up customers I don’t normally bother. A good chunk of the office is probably heading over to the baby shower in a bit, so I will probably stay behind to cover orders.

Energy level depleting. Losing interest in anything work related. I hope that there are some good readings for me for this afternoon.

No comments: