Wednesday, December 16, 2009

wow

12-16-09

So I did in fact ditch yesterday. In retrospect, I should not have left as early. Mostly because as feared, I didn’t do much. I got home, and Ken and I went straight to Office Depot to get paper. Not tons exciting. We got home where I ended up, well, doing work. I helped count out stacks of flyers for Ken’s school while we watched Doctor Oz. I was pleased that in his segment on the 3 most misdiagnosed ailments in women, I guessed the right diagnosis with the symptoms in 2 out of 3. Yay me!

We went out to the school to take the flyers. I found myself thinking about when I will take Bobby to his first day of school next year. I am going to be such a baby!

We ended up going to my parent’s house with the boys a little earlier. This worked out well since my dad ended up playing with the boys outside while Ken and I sat inside and visited with Grammie. My mom wasn’t home yet. It was a nice conversation, especially since really, I don’t talk with her much. Ken, who had been talking with her before I turned the kids loose, said that it was the longest conversation he had ever had with her. It was good, also, since I am pretty sure she was happy to get to talk with us, and it meant even after my mom got home, she could spent time with the kids instead of entertaining her mother, which is something she isn’t as happy to do.

We went to dinner at the Big Wok where I proceeded to eat way too much. But seriously, it is so freaking good! We went back to the house for Grammie to give some presents to the boys. She got them jammies, a little camera, a book and this cool play set filled with an incredibly noisy elephant, gorilla island rock formation, and gobs of trees and people who all go together. It is pretty sweet, actually. We have not opened them both (they each got the set), thinking that the elephant was enough to take out for now. We probably should have left the elephant in there since all we heard the whole way home was the trumpeting of those damn pachyderms.

What was the most shocking and unexpected event of the night came in the present Grammie presented to us grownups. She had sold her property in Clear Lake, and opted to give her surviving children and grandchildren a cut now. I am one of those folks who doesn’t like to open the envelope with money in it from family until later since I always think it is rude to look. But when my mom looked, and then went, “Oh my goodness!” I had to take a peak. Let’s just say that it was quite generous and quite helpful to us right now. She told Ken at one point that she would much rather give us money now while she is still alive so she can see what we do with it rather that give it to us when she is dead. That makes sense. Ken assured her that some of the money was going to go towards me getting some new clothes since we have been unable to really afford that. One of the things that I will be doing this morning is making the “wish list” for how to spend said money. Yes, some will go into savings and we don’t plan on blowing it all at once, but I would like to get a few things that we had wanted. She wants a full report, so I am hoping to write her up some fun stuff on what we do.

Coming up with a list of things is interesting. I still find myself being a little frugal. I have a couple of high ticket items, but I can tell you I don’t even feel comfortable with getting those!

I am sick. I hate this. Stupid cold has been circling for a couple days now and it has finally started to attack. My throat was killing me last night, and now I am all congested and icky. I am also exhausted. I woke up last night to random elves singing songs. I couldn’t figure out where it came from. I finally determined it wasn’t elves, it was Ken’s iPod playing through the headphones that had fallen out of Ken’s ears after he fell asleep. I was not thrilled with this. I finally fell back asleep when Ken hit my side. I guess he had heard a kid and was getting up and he accidentally hit me, which woke me right up. It was a crazy night.

Ken and Dax were on hold with KROQ for Dax to talk to Santa Karl (Jimmy Kimmel doing a Karl Malone impersonation where he talks to kids as Santa, and it is funny. He makes fun of the kids, who of course have no idea what he is talking about). The phone hung up on them. Ken was very frustrated. I am sad since I know Dax would have been funny on the radio!

I think I need to actually break down and color my hair this evening. There is talk of us going to Disneyland tonight to go to Toon Town since our blackout days keep us from visiting the park from the 18th through the 2nd. We are thinking it would be fun to go, since it will be just a quick trip. We will see how I feel, though. In reality, it would be fine to not go. We can let them run out back with the dogs. Lord knows we be going to Disneyland a lot.

I am so zoned out today. Once again, I don’t feel like working. I will force myself here shortly.

Ok, I did some work, I can stop now, right? LOL!

My list of items is now pretty long. Some of the things are just minor like getting a crate for Luna. One of the things is to get the PT fixed so we have an additional car. Since they are just ideas right now, it is nice because I can look at them and see what is most important.

My coworker just yells out to me to see if I was eating. I said no, so she just came over and decided I needed to help her on something. Wouldn’t it make more sense to ask if I am busy as opposed to seeing if I was eating? Especially since I tend to help people regardless of if I am eating lunch. Sheesh.

Dammit! This broad is a fucking tard. She has been here like 18 years, yet she doesn’t know something simple like how to look up to see what check cleared a fucking invoice?????? God Dammit. She is the one they chose not to lay off? Are you for fucking reals?

Clearly I have lost my patience for the idiots of the world.

No comments: