Friday, December 4, 2009

Woo!

12-4-09

I would like to give a shout out to whichever God went ahead and listened to my thoughts. I suppose he or she must have mistaken them for prayers. Either way, the simple request of, “please let the boss be out on vacation today” was answered when I opened my email this morning and saw the blessed message that said he would be on vacation Friday, December 4th. I fell to my knees and wept. Perhaps it was Santa, rewarding me for the Christmas spirit.

Ken and I went and got the bigger tree yesterday afternoon. Although, once we put it up, we realized that our normal ornaments were still way too big. So we picked up the boys and headed out to Target. We needed to get other stuff anyway, but we let the boys each pick out a box of small ornaments. They each picked a red/green mix, which was good. Ken also let me pick out a set of twinkling LED lights for the tree.

We got home and after dinner and bath time, we spent some time decorating the tree. The boys enjoyed the process. It was really fun. I realize what I forgot to do, which is to turn on some Christmas music.

It is a good size tree, and we have plenty of room for some presents under it. We are planning on putting it on the floor for Christmas morning and moving the presents there. Of course, Santa will put his goodies around the tree as well.

I have not figured out where to put the stockings. It is a dilemma every year. I think I know where to put them, though, so we will see.

Ken has a birthday party this afternoon at like 3. I won’t see him until after I get back from my folks. Actually, though, it works out fine. He will be birthday partying while I let the boys play with my folks. Plus, Ken makes some extra cash for this. Hopefully they tip well, what with it being a special time and it is Christmas.

I still have not heard back from Breakfast with Santa. So at this point I don’t know if I want to go. I would hate to show up and they tell me they can’t get in. They have today to email me back. Although looking online, it looks as though there is no reason I can’t. I also can’t tell if I have to pay! If I go, I might see if my mom wants to go with us. I had already RSVPed for Ken, so technically I have a spot for one other grownup. I will think about it today. Ken said he didn’t mind if we went without him.

I am loving that Target has this deal with Skeleanimals. They had a Christmas Dax doll. Of course, it is now sitting next to my Halloween Dax. Actually, My Halloween one is just a red one. Dax really has the true Halloween one.

With no Jim, I don’t know what I will do today. Of course, he wasn’t the only source of stress and chaos in my days, but he was a huge part. I also am on my own today. My email buddies are busy! Jenni can’t gmail at work anymore. Brandy has today off I think. Funny enough, though, this morning I was texting with Dani. Apparently there is snow in Houston! Who knew?

Maybe I should work on a feel good piece. I have not written anything for reals in forever!

I have my tree set up at work now. I am sacrificing my heater for my lights. I just need to make sure to wear warm for the holidays. I have another set of lights I have not decided if I will set up or not. Ok, I typed that and decided, what the hell, so I set them up. Now I am festive. Woo hoo! It makes me happy.

I am bummed that I didn’t go to the Miss Double December pageant this morning. It would have been fun. But really, it is next to impossible to go to those things now, what with the boys. It is in fact a bar, and early. We get there earlier than the other people so that we can kind of blend in. But with the boys, it so wouldn’t happen. Our days of those KROQ visits may be over for a while.

It looks as though we have decided on Lightning McQueen bikes. It matches their helmets and this way, neither of them fight over if one got Buzz and the other didn’t. Realistically, they are not going to care either way. I think they will just be happy to have a bike!

I wonder if I will end up having my training this morning. I have not heard back from the IT guy yet. I kind of hope I don’t. Then again, I don’t mind if I do, as long as it is after 10.

I am excited that next week the forecast shows rain all week. Ken bought me some coco so I can make hot chocolate for the boys. I am very excited. I may need to pick up some mini marshmallows this weekend for them. I am looking forward to getting all cozy. I was actually quite cold part of last night, which was awesome. My poor dogs are not going to be happy with rain. They may be inside dogs for the week.

Ok, I am officially bored. Unmotivated is more like it. I have been going through some accounts, doing actual work. I got nothing. I went and got some hot chocolate, hoping it would inspire me, but I don’t know exactly what inspiration was going to take place with something that just makes me want to curl up with a book.

Crap. So Ken just called me to tell me that Dax had a fit. Like a giant one. He was defiant, he kicked and hit Ken several times. When Ken put him in his room, he would come right back out. Ken kept taking toys, and Ken said now his room is bare. Dax is all upset. I talked to him on the phone. Poor baby sounds out of sorts. I am thinking of running home. Ken asked me to give him a few minutes to see what he could do. It may be one of those days where Dax just needs some mommy time. I don’t know. He sounds so upset. Poor kid was crying while he talked to me. He was trying to explain to me that Daddy took all his toys. Ken sounded stressed, not sure where to go next. So I am wrapping up stuff here since I am wondering if I need to be with him today.

Ken called back. After my phone conversation with Dax, he apparently became all emotional and huggy. So he and Daddy talked out some of the issues, including Daddy showing Dax the pile of toys, letting him know that he had not thrown them away. He told Dax that he would not throw them away yet and that this afternoon, they could talk some things out and make sure everyone was on the same page. Dax was quite happy about not having stuff thrown out. Ok, happy might be an overstatement, but he was less miserable. It calmed him down a bit. So Ken took them across and told Maria that Dax had been having a rough morning. He told her that if he had ANY issues, to call Ken since he would be home till 11:45. I figure if this happens, I will leave at that point. I know, I should not ever just run home when he has a bad day like this, but Dax doesn’t have these kind of tantrums. It seems to me like this is a big deal. I would rather be able to spend some time with him. Of course, then it reinforces the whole act out and you get the reward of mommy coming home. So who knows.

It is probably better I don’t go home. First, I don’t want to waste my float days. Two, why waste a perfectly good no boss day. I doubt Maria will call. I think once Dax is with his friends for a bit, he will calm down. I would venture a guess that he is going to nap hard.

On the plus side of all of this, Dax’s room is spotless. Of course, it is all in a pile on my bed. I have some work tomorrow.

When Ken first called, my thoughts went to Dax throwing up, to Ken’s car being broken, to his car having been broken into. He was so ominous and he said he didn’t know what to do, before he even told me what was wrong. It was very freaky, and I still have not recovered from this shock. Sure, it was just a tantrum, but it has got me all worked up.

Man, talk about crazy late morning!! I got involved with some reconciliation, mostly to keep myself occupied so I wouldn’t think of Dax. It worked! It is now a quarter to 12 and the time flew by. Of course, the afternoon will be slow, but I tend to have stuff to read by then. All pretty good, really.

Ken never called to tell me Dax needed me, so I am guessing he calmed down. Poor kid needs some extra mommy time from me tonight.

So does Bobby. He apparently was quite concerned for his brother all morning.

No comments: