Tuesday, January 12, 2010

cut

1-12-10


It was a good afternoon yesterday. I managed to leave work without having to deal with the boss aside from one phone call. Not too bad.

I worked out. I did a couple new exercises. Man am I sore! I am excited when I get this sore. It is proof I did something. Or I suppose proof I did something wrong, but it isn’t pain sore, it is satisfaction sore.

The boys and I cleaned up the back yard and Dax’s room. Bobby played some Wii. I tossed the ball for the dogs. All in all pretty standard.

While Bobby was in the shower, he tells me all of the sudden to cut his hair. I wasn’t going to question it. I grabbed scissors and took off a few more inches. It is now right below his ears, with his bangs pretty much being the same length. I don’t know how good a job I did. I will see this afternoon once it is dry. He moved around a bit during key cuts and let’s face it, I am not a hair stylist. At this point, I think that he doesn’t need to cut it anymore. It is short enough that brushing won’t be a problem, which is all I care. So we will see how this works out.

I was disturbed as we watched Futurama on live tv when Bobby was inspired by a commercial. It is bad when the kids see a commercial for some toy and declare they want this for their birthday. What is worse is when Bobby sees an ad for Unisom and says to me, “Hey mom! You should get that for me so I can fall asleep right away!” Not good.

I had been complaining that I needed a new calendar and my State Farm agent came through! We received a 2010 calendar in the mail yesterday from them. I assumed it would just be pictures of nice houses or something. But the cover said it was personalized. I didn’t know what this meant, and I wondered if perhaps they had pictures of us I wasn’t aware of. Instead, every month’s picture has Ken & Gena Brenan in the scene. And not just printed out. It is part of the scene. January has a beautiful snowy park with two trees in the foreground and it looks like our names are carved into the tree. In July, there is a picture of the Space Shuttle with Ken & Gena Brenan spelled out in stars. It is perfect!

I got to watch a new HIMYM last night. Yay! NPH sings and dances in a full musical number. I was in heaven.

Ken got me a box of hair dye that is significantly lighter than my mess right now. It is also the good brand he had gotten me before that rocked. Now I have to decide if I am brave enough to mess with my hair again. I looked it up, and it has been 4 weeks this Thursday since I did it last. I will give one thing to Nice and Easy. Their hair color lasts and lasts. Hell, I have been asked several times if I made it even darker. Wonderful, so my hair is getting even worse! I almost feel like I should get a blond shade from the good brand as it will then possibly make my hair lighter. Then again, something that harsh may make it worse. I wonder how much it costs to go to a salon.

I am still unsure of this red lipstick Bobby picked out. I was told yesterday it looks good on me, but I am unconvinced. I worry I look like a clown. Today I have on a red shirt that I think tones down the red on my lips, so we will see how that goes.

A man just left me a message on my VM at work and I swear, he sounded just like Christopher Walkin.

Maryann’s mom’s birthday is today. She is pretty upset this morning. It will undoubtedly be a rough day for her. We spent some time this morning talking a bit. I am really crappy at support. I don’t know that I ever say the right things. I ended up showing her some pictures of the boys, which always seems to cheer her up. She adores those kids, so I am glad I could get her mind off of things, if only for a few minutes. I am shocked she is here, and I kind of hope she goes home and hangs out with her sister. I think that might be a better way to spend the first birthday after her passing. Then again, she wants to be around people. I don’t blame her. I don’t know grief the same way she does. Not just have I not been in the position of losing my mother, nobody faces grief the same way. I am not looking forward to seeing how I will deal.

No comments: