Monday, January 11, 2010

Let's power through the evil that is work

1-11-10

Nothing like a Monday morning to irritate me to my very soul. It is nothing worth even venting about anymore. Once again I am frustrated with the boss and several of the idiot people he has working for him. I don’t trust any of them and now I am at a point where I don’t even want to look at them. I am sure this will pass, but for now, I just need to lay low.

Luckily my weekend rocked so I am going to try and live off of those fumes.

Saturday morning the boys and I set out to see Matt get his hair cut. We got there when it opened, which was 8:30. Matt got to go first since, well, there was no one else there! I explained to the hair cut lady that my boys were simply shadowing the process so that there would be less fear when they opted to do their own hair cutting experience. She didn’t look amused. She didn’t look happy. Heck, she looked like she wanted to take the scissors to her own throat. I am trying to say, she was not a happy person.

Bobby asked questions, which I had encouraged him to do. I answered everything, while Dax just danced around, unable to sit still for more than 8 seconds at a time. The hair cut lady only smiled when we went back with Matt to get his hair washed.

The only problem with the experience was that we walked out of there at 8:40. Yes, that’s right. The entire thing took all of 10 minutes. What was especially amusing about this was that the night before my dad had asked him what time he usually got out of the haircut store if he got in at 8:30. He replied, “8:40”. We of course thought he was full of shit, and my dad pretty much told him this. I made sure to call my dad later to tell him that he owed Matt an apology.

Outside the place before we left, I tried to talk to Bobby about the whole thing, trying to feel him out on his thoughts on the thing. Matt was much too pushy, so it was impossible. I found out later that Matt really wants him to get it done at that location and that he would pay for it. I can assure you, Matt will not be making any decisions on my son’s hair cut, nor will he be providing any funds for it.

Bobby still was nervous about it. Not having shorter hair, but certainly the process. We talked about it on the way home and we discussed having a hair cut party, complete with gobs of people there and even some kind of fun gathering afterwards. Not sure if or when this would occur, but stay tuned for how the hair will go.

We got home even before Ken left for his presentation at the Adventure Plex. He headed out and I got to work on some cleaning. I didn’t do gobs. I just got their rooms in order and did some kitchen and yard work.

Stephanie and Sabrina came by late morning, and the kids played for a while. Ken came back and left again to go play at Chris’s house. It was good since it allowed for Stephanie and I to visit and chit chat. I showed her the Wii, and the kids exchanged Christmas presents. I don’t even know what time they left since it was such a fun morning and visit!

Instead of bothering with a nap, I just had the boys do quiet time with a movie. They were super pleasant. Ken came home and then took the boys out front to ride bikes while I cooked lasagna.

Chris came over for dinner and Star Wars Lego. The boys played, too, Dax helping Ken, and Bobby helping Chris. I was super impressed with Chris in how incredibly patient hew was with the boys. He actually seemed to enjoy hanging out with them, which now makes him allowed to come over whenever.

The boys went to bed shockingly easy, and Ken and Chris were able to play for a while without their shadows. I played on the computer for a while and attempted to read my Russell Brand book, which is quite difficult when you have had some wine. LOL!

Sunday was the standard of bowling, and we needed some things at Target. Everyone was pleasant and cheerful. When we got home, the boys played for a while, then we did lunch and watched the new Transformers movie. They were fixated on the screen for at least the first 90 minutes. They got a little restless, and Dax ended up volunteering to go to nap early. Bobby stuck it out to the end, and both of them had a pretty long, good nap.

One up, we went over to Lincoln School/Anderson Park with their bikes to let them ride around the giant school yard. I brought my skates and determined that my legs are no longer used to skating. My shins were dying within 3 minutes. On the up side, I managed to not fall and break anything. Yay! We rode around for a while, I did quite a big of jogging, mostly to take video and pictures. Plus, it is hard to keep up otherwise. LOL! We ended up going over to the playground where they played for about an hour. It was nice! I managed to not follow them around all over. Ken took on the task, specifically because it seemed to be a very Daddy-centric park last night. We headed home around sundown.

Bobby had a small melt down when it was decided they could watch Blue’s Clues, not Ken playing the video game. I took him to bed, kicking and screaming. He kicked me while in bed because he was so upset. He tried bargaining and reasoning, but it was already too late. I sat and talked with him for a while, and Ken came in and did the same thing. Luckily between the two of us, we calmed him down and hopefully put the idea in his head that being upset is totally ok. It is how we act on being upset. We told him for the future that he should go ahead and just walk into his room, close the door and scream a bunch when he is upset. Then he could come out when he was better. I don’t know that he will do it, but I think with some guidance, we will be able to get him into a better position to be able to get out his anger or frustration in a more healthy way.

Ken got Luna a shock collar. It has already made things 100% better. A few shocks later, she stays in her basket, she doesn’t whine and bark as much, and because of this, it has been so much more fun for everyone. She has got to be inside more, and honestly, even though yes I like them having their baskets to be in, I don’t really care if they are sitting at my feet while we watch a show. As long as they know they have rules, I am happy.

While we were at Target, Bobby and I were over in the makeup aisle looking for some foundation for me. I happened to stop at the lipstick, always looking for the correct lip stain shade. Bobby then points out a red that he feels I should have. He of course explained that he loved the color red, so it would be cool if I wore red lips. I liked the logic, and the color was actually pretty cool. He then asked me, “Mom, why is lipstick not for boys?” Look, aside from my love of guyliner, I really am not big on things that are only for girls or only for boys. I don’t want the kid to wear lipstick, mostly because knowing him he would hate the feel or taste of it. But I wanted to make sure he understood that I personally would have no problem with him wearing lipstick. I told him that most people would not understand and that yes, mostly girls wore it, but he was more than welcome to it (mind you, he didn’t want to wear it. He told me so, but I wanted the option to be allowed). Ken wasn’t keen on my answer. I am sure it is more out of protecting his offspring from getting his ass kicked on the school yard. Look, I can tell you right now, if Bobby was going to get his ass kicked, it could happen over many things. Kids are assholes. They will find a flaw and run with it. But wouldn’t it be better for our children to let them know they have choices and to just let them know the consequences rather than make all of those choices for them? If Bobby wanted to wear lipstick, I would let him know there was a strong possibility that people would tease him. Just as we have explained to him having long hair causes tangles. His choice to keep it long means he cannot cry and scream when I brush his hair or else I will need to cut it since I don’t want to deal with that. That is the consequence his choice has. No, I don’t plan on “turning him gay” or anything. I know that isn’t even possible (nor would I want anyone to “turn” since that is just rude to make someone they are not). But I want him to have answers from his mother to be real answers from how his mother sees society. Why in the world should I change myself to be a mom? I am not going to force him to go to church because the bulk of society believes. I will however always offer him education in any spirituality because I think it is right to let him come up with his own answers on faith. I won’ t have him conform just to conform. Sure, he may need to tone down some things in order to avoid negative consequences he might not be able to handle. But if my kid thinks he can avoid a fight because of what he wears, then more power to him.

I am rambling.

Had another death talk with the boys when we passed 2 squished skunks on the road. I had to explain to both of them that even if their mom and dad died, they would still always have a mom and dad. I can assure you, this talk is not fun, especially before 7 am without having had a real change to wake up.

I have been swamped all morning. I kind of am happy since I didn’t realize I had lost 2 whole hours in all of it! YAY! Hopefully my day will go quickly.

I am using Hello Kitty spray this morning. I got it in the clearance items at Target from Christmas attached to a little retarded looking Hello Kitty. They are basic smells. Cherry, Vanilla and Mint. It is apparently training for young girls to start wearing perfume. They smell like I rubbed a hard candy on my arm, which it kind of fun. They don’t last long and they are slightly sticky when you spray them, but they make me feel young, so I kind of like them.

Stephanie has decided that she would like to do monthly movie nights with just girls. I am so excited! It would be one of those things where each woman who went would take a turn hosting. If we have a good number, it means we don’t have to host too much. I am jazzed. It means I will get out, meet some new people and have some good times. I of course can ask some of my girlfriends to see if they would want to participate. I am thinking of asking Alyssa since I know she would so be game. Plus, it is a good excuse to be able to see her more often. I am anxious to see when this starts. I know Stephanie wants to be able to do it for sure since her hubby actually suggested that it would never happen. I understand the need to prove the husband wrong! LOL!

No comments: