Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 2!

1-6-10

Day two of workout under my belt. Man am I sore. 30 minutes of Wii is tough. I did a little of everything. I wanted to make sure my workout not only raised my heart rate, but also allowed me to stretch out a bit. I feel it in my arms, legs and even my chest muscles hurt. I didn’t skimp. Ken has been doing at least 30 minutes a day, too. We both also have cut our portions. He has put me in charge of scooping up his portions for dinner since he knows I won’t give him as much. LOL! This afternoon we are going to the grocery store to get some snack items like carrots. Woo hoo!

I am half asleep today. I couldn’t get comfortable. I woke up at 1 am to the little people singing again. Apparently Ken couldn’t sleep so he had on his iPod. I don’t quite understand how he listens to it since I would hear like every other song as if the earphones were not in his ears. But since I didn’t hear every song, I would fall back asleep, then wake up again when I would hear it again. Super annoying. I think I will have him just plug it into the speakers tonight. I don’t mind having the music on while I sleep. I just would feel better if it was constant.

We had a mellow afternoon and evening. We went to my folks’ house and they played for a while. We got home and I made some dinner for us. Both the boys ate BBQ chicken, so that was exciting. After dinner, they had their showers in super high steam levels. They both have small colds, Bobby a little worse off, and we were hoping for the shower to really help their noses.

Bobby played a bit of Star Wars Lego, which he is hooked on. At one point, he was killing good guys. He said, “They were in my way!” Dax was amused and horrified at this kind of play, and shouted a few times for him to not kill the good guys. I simply made a mental note to never get in Bobby’s way.

While the guys played, I sat and read my book. I got 4 books for Christmas. These will probably be the last actual books I read for a while since I am anxious to try out my Kindle on Bitty. I started Official Book Club Selection by Kathy Griffin yesterday and am already about half way through. It is super funny, and surprisingly deep in a couple of chapters. I love me some Kathy, so I would read a cereal label if she wrote it. The book, thankfully, is quite good and I am really enjoying it. It is always scary though when I get into a book as I tend to not want to do anything else but read. I may sneak in a few peaks before the boss gets in this morning.

I got my box of accessories! I had placed an order with Hot Topic for a splurge on shoes and other do dads last week. I got 3 pair of shoes (I had ordered 4, but one of the pair sold out), a tiny hat (yes, it is a tiny hat for a grown up, it is designed to be tiny), some colored hair strips, a scarf and a skeleanimals shirt. I love them all. The shoes were me branching out. I have not worn a ton of heels in a while, so these will take some getting used to. The read plaid wedges I am wearing today are pretty comfortable, but they do squish my toes in a way I have not done to my toes in a while. The other two pair, one pair of black pumps with silver stars all over and a pair of men’s looking black and white shoes with giant heels, will be more of a shock to the system. They may not get much use in the beginning, especially since my legs are still so sore from the workouts. It may be something where I end up needing to wait until I drop some pounds. We will see.

I just put in my request for my two days off in Feb. The request has the dates, and even the day of the week. My boss just calls me and asks me, “So you are taking off these days, what are the dates?” Mind you, he has the FUCKING EMAIL in front of him. Are you for reals? I may have to hit him in the head with a bag of rocks.

Of course, the boss decided to come in early today, too, as if to just drive me nuts even more.

The new plan is to take Bobby when Matt goes and gets his hair cut. That way he can see what it is like. I don’t anticipate him getting it done the same day, but perhaps just seeing someone else do it, he will feel better. If that still doesn’t work, we will probably try one of the cool places where he sits in an airplane and plays video games. Ken and I both agreed, we need to cut his hair just based on maintenance. It is a pain in the ass. I will miss his beautiful hair, but who knows, he might end up growing it back. He can grow it back since hopefully by that time he is grooming himself a bit more.

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is out on DVD this week. We had gone and seen it in the theatre last week with the boys. It was shockingly funny. I enjoyed it a lot, as did Ken and the boys. But the best part of our movie going experience was the black lady behind me. Oh. My. God. It was stereotypical, it was loud, it was the best time I have ever had at a theatre. She yelled at the screen. She asked questions to the cartoon characters on the screen. She was magic. I loved every second. I didn’t even really feel like I missed the movie. It was as if she was the special effects on this screening. I think that all DVD’s should have a “black track” that would work the same way that commentary does. Instead of the director talking about the grueling work schedule or funny anecdotes, we could have some black lady yelling out, “oooh, girl, don’t you go in there!” Seriously, if we are going to use technology for something, shouldn’t it be that?

Not to jinx it, but of course, today is not as busy and I have heard from the boss only the one time. Grrr

I am using gobs of lotion today. I need to stop picking my fingers. I have been sanding down any tempting skin flaps and trimming anything that looks good to pick. The lotion will keep more from coming back. Working hard!!

Look, I am all for breaking rules and BSing my way through shit. But there are certain things that are made so easy to follow the instructions, if baffles me that people try to get away with not doing it correct. In order to set up a vendor in our system, you need to fill out this form. It takes very little. Name, address, city, state, phone number, sign it and get your manager to sign and you are golden. Yet people don’t fill it out, or don’t fill out the city and state. Or they neglect to get a phone number. How fucking hard is this? And look, just because you email me the phone number after the fact, look, I am not putting it on your fucking form. Fill it out right in the first place, dumb fuck!

I have determined that I need a workout playlist on Itty. Upbeat, fun songs. I have a few in mind, and I am hoping once Ken is done going through our music library (it is a tedious task sorting and starring that much music), I can get this playlist set. I would like to start doing walks along with my Wii workouts. I may do Wii later in the evening while I can then walk before I get the boys, or I may just figure out other times. I don’t know yet. I am not going to do too much. I just want to be able to have options. I may be able to listen to Wii on some of the workout I do. I just can’t on things like the step class since it has a beat and music. But the other stuff, yeah, I could do that. Hell, I could do longer jogs on the Wii if I have my music.

Am I really bad for liking Justin Timberlake?

You know what, I don’t care if I am. I will proclaim it now. I love me some JT!

I just hate it when someone in the department makes something that smells like shit. And no, I don’t just mean it smells bad. It seriously smells like someone dropped their pants and pooed on their plate. And they are so happy about their crap concoction. They even offer it to people passing by. Dude, I understand you are eating something that might taste good. Hell, it may even be good for you, but take a second and think to yourself, if you have prepared something that may in fact have a smell that closely resembles a public restroom, perhaps it is the kind of food you keep in your own space. Gross.

No comments: