Tuesday, January 19, 2010

doctor time!

1-19-10

I am up, I am not thrilled about it. LOL!

We took the boys to McDonalds yesterday. It was good since they really ran around a ton. We hung out for a couple hours, and they didn’t stop until they had to. I am glad we went.

After that we headed by the mall to see about getting new hairbrushes. It clearly has been some time since we got nice ones since I so don’t remember them being that much. Ok, I do remember them being pricey, but $16?? Boy, we are cheap. Luckily, I think I know a couple places that will have them for less.

At the mall, we found a new dollar store. They had, no joke, a little of everything. Maternity pants to bamboo to shoelaces to beach balls. It was crazy! I found the socks the boys love with Mickey Mouse on them, which delighted Dax. There was also Spongebob in his size. They had lots of princess ones, too, but we didn’t get those. We did get them each as beach ball. We needed to replace the ones Luna and Lycos had popped. Of course, these won’t last long, but for a buck, what the hell. I am always excited to find a reasonable dollar store for random things. This one is a place we will visit often. It reminded me of a thrift store.

It pays to have connections. I know the lady at the information booth at Del Amo and she was there last night. The mall has a kids club that they can spin this wheel and pick a prize based on the number the wheel lands on. Sure, they spun the wheel, but she gave them each like 4 prizes and didn’t make them stick to a certain “level”. They got little containers with bug finger puppets. The containers even have air holes so you can catch your own real bugs. Very cool.

Our whole network is going flooey this morning. I think I may need to shut things down for a while.

Ok, I am back. Currently we have no internet. My email is touchy. I can’t run my credit program. Oh yeah, and voice mail is down. Some people can’t even log on to their computer, which is annoying since one of those people is my boss, which means he is wandering the department looking for people to annoy. Sigh. This sucks. The worst part is I am not disabled enough to say, read a magazine. I can still do a few things. I am just not as efficient and I am afraid to start some things for fear I won’t be able to finish due to system issues.

I started work on a new column, but I feel rather uninspired today. I think I need some ideas from folks.

I am freezing. I have on my heater, I have on a big scarf, sweater and boots, yet it is freezing in here. Of course, this could be my fault being that in the last hour I have downed a half a gallon of ice water.

I am having a bad self image day. I am all proud of my matching hat and scarf combo, but I feel the hat is too small for my head and my face looks gross. Yet I have been told twice today I look prettier than normal. How can I not see the compliments? That seems bad. There are days when I think I look good, today is not one. I wish I knew why.

I feel gobs of stress. I need to tackle some of it. This weekend I am cleaning. And I don’t mean just sweeping the floor. I need to organize. I need to throw stuff out. I need to do something where I don’t feel embarrassed about having people over. Kitchen may be one stop. Pantry, cupboards with dishes and glasses I never ever use. All of that needs to go. Bedroom is a huge thorn in my side. The entry way, well, I may need to redo my whole living room to make things right. We will see.

Ok, I made the appointment. I go in at 3:15. It is funny, I called and told my lady I needed an appt for anxiety. She didn’t even question it. So then she asks if I can come in today. I tell her no as I have too much on my plate today, and she laughs and tells me that this may be why I am having anxiety. She tells me to come in. LOL!! She rocks. So I am not going to my mom’s today, I am just going to the doc. I am nervous. Mostly because I don’t want them to listen to my chest or something and tell me I have like 3 months to live. But I am also excited at the prospect of getting some kind of help to calm the fuck down.

The only real problem with the appt is I can’t work out when I get home. This is upsetting to me. Well, I will just have to do it tonight. I also had plans for cleaning, but once again, it will have to wait. I need to stop operating in life as though everything has to be done 10 minutes ago. If I am unproductive today in regards to organizing or exercise, it will not kill me. The not taking care of anxiety could. If only I would listen to my logical voices.

No comments: