Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sick Gone!

1-14-10

So it is good I went home yesterday when I did. Ken had given the boys both milk, which didn’t agree with them. Dax threw up in the living room, Bobby shortly after. One silver lining is that we taught Bobby how to know before he is sick and to run to the bathroom. The 3 times he threw up while I was home all were in the toilet. Poor darling, though. I put a bandana on him to help hold his hair out of his face. He has so little color while he was on the couch, he looked like a little cancer patient. Very sad.

Dax managed to eat some oatmeal around noon and kept it down. They both drank lots of fluids and Bobby kept that down from about noon on. Dax was cheery all afternoon, Bobby was just lethargic. He also got a small fever. We put them down for a nap around 1:30 and they slept till 5. They would have slept longer, but neither of them were dressed for an all night sleep and let’s just say it would have been messy.

Neither of them ate dinner. Dax tried a banana, but they still had not appetite, which made sense. Bobby got a bit of a fever, which a couple of doses of Tylenol took care of. By the time they went to bed at 8, they were in good spirits and seems loads better. And unless I just slept through it, they didn’t have any issues over night.

We went to bed just a little bit after them. I was beat. During their nap, really, we should have been napping, but instead we just vegged out in front of the tv and caught up on American Idol and Simpsons. We spent most of the day working on laundry. Ken had gone to the dentist in the morning and to the grocery store, which got us provisions for the day.

We watched a lot of movies. We started the morning with Transformers, then did Spy Kids. Next was Wizard of Oz. After nap, they watched the Chipmunks. Thank goodness we have so many movies. When I was a kid, I am pretty sure I didn’t have that many options! Only one of these movies was a DVD! The rest were all on my Tivo.

I didn’t do my workout yesterday. I was so freaking tired I could hardly stand. I probably should of at least done the yoga. Maybe tonight I will do an extra session. I knew that rest was more important. Last night I slept pretty damn good. I was quite comfy and I could have slept another 4 hours easy. But at least I am functional.

So today, I have work to keep me occupied. I actually have a bunch of little projects that I am working on, so at least I don’t feel like I am just twiddling my thumbs.

Dax was saying he was three and then asks me how old I am. So I tell him that I am 34, to which Bobby replies, “I am just regular 4”.

Should I worry about Wii? So my Fit Trainer is this broad who is not overly chipper, and she is tolerable. A couple days ago, this dude shows up and tells me he is my replacement. She shows up for the next exercise like nothing happened. Then two days ago, she pops up, stretches and says all defeated, “I think I stayed up a little late last night.” What the fuck? Is my Wii trainer a party girl? Mind you, I did take a little offense when after the late night remarks, she lectures me on the importance of sleep. Either way, I worry I may need to get an intervention together with the other Wii trainers to sit this chick down.

I have been browsing the app store on my iTouch like crazy. I have downloaded several of the free apps. One is a calorie guide, which is cool. I also have a couple of games so I can entertain the boys if need be. I downloaded a way to listen to KROQ. Of course, that one doesn’t work unless I am near a WiFi network, but it is better than nothing! I have not started getting any pay for apps. Although I am tempted by this one called Hanged in which it is essentially hangman, but all animated into this tragic love story. It is supposed to be amazing to watch. I just don’t know if it is worth $2. LOL! But there are I am sure several apps I will want to pay for as time goes by.

I am very excited my new red shoes seem to be breaking in well. I found out I can return my other defective shoes to a Hot Topic store directly, which is way cool. I think I will just be getting store credit. I like the shoes, but I think that after standing in them, I will have some troubles walking in them. So I would rather get something else.

That is good to know. Ken just checked in an apparently every single kid in daycare had the same flu. Not that I want that many kids to be sick, but it is nice that I know what it was. I was a little worried it was something else.

So much for my day going quickly. I swear, I have been busy all morning, yet it isn’t even noon yet. What the heck??!

No comments: