Friday, May 21, 2010

a little stress-but nothing a little pill can't help

5-21-10

Having a funky morning so far. Not sure what is up. I feel jittery and out of sorts. I just took a Xanax, which I normally don’t do at work. But with my meeting with the prez here in 90 minutes, I felt I needed to be less fucked up.

My calves hurt. The last couple days I have been more bouncy with my legs. I think I was doing the little shakes for an hour straight at one point. It feels like I worked out.

My side hurts. I thought I had messed up my back. Turns out, I have this gnarly bruise on one side. Ken was helping me last night by using our Thumper (this massage thing) on my back and we discovered the pain wasn’t muscle pain so much as I must have run into something. Ken remembers me bumping into something at my parents’ house a couple days ago, which is when the pain started, so surprise surprise, I am broken.

Big weekend in front of me. We have the yard sale tomorrow morning, which means no sleeping in for me. Luckily, yard sales are pretty easy. We have put up some signs tonight, and I suppose go get some change, but other than that, I think we are good to go.

Yesterday I had a sit down talk with the boys. When I had gotten home, I uber cleaned their rooms. Like crazy cleaning. When the boys walked in the door, I took them to their rooms and explained that this is what I mean by a clean room. I then sat them down and explained to them the rules of the land. Including schedules. In the morning I told them they have to get dressed when they get up. I also told them that they will not be having as much time to play anymore. Breakfast will need to be served at home. Ken wasn’t as thrilled with my demands. But I really believe that it is best for everyone involved for them to have a routine and schedule. They should get up no later than 6:30, be dressed, eat and be ready to go by 7:30. School starts at 8. Ken is concerned that with Maria serving breakfast at 9, Dax will end up eating too much. I sincerely doubt it. He doesn’t have to eat, and he doesn’t eat when he isn’t hungry. Plus, we can’t base our schedule around her fucked up schedule.

I hope we make a little bit of cash tomorrow. I figure it will be good spending cash for me in Ohio.

I have laundry to do this weekend, too since I need to pack for the trip. The packing for me isn’t too bad, since I am limiting myself to one bag that has very little in it. Packing light is just easier.

I also have to clean up the house after the hectic that was a yard sale. Since we are in crazy clutter mode right now, once everything is put out there will be the remains. LOL! Boxes and other things that do need to go back up into the attic should be taken care of so that when we leave a week from today (yie!!!) that Ken and the boys can come home to clean.

Holy fuck. I just looked at my itinerary. My flight home from Ohio is 6 hours and 15 minutes of travel time. Sheesh. That is all alone, too. On the way from Colorado to Ohio I have Andy, Holly and Papa Brenan, so much more fun. On the way home, frick on a stick! I think my best bet will be a good book and sleep. I have a handful of new books (I have my Edward Kennedy book I have been anxious to read) that may work. I am just nervous. I hate to bring more than one book since it is a lot to carry. But I also don’t want to just take one since it may end up sucking. LOL! Maybe I just need to bust out Harry Potter.

I hate flying. That is a lot of flight for me. I will be fine, but honestly, this is the longest flight I have ever taken by myself. Hopefully I can just get a window seat and relax.

I am actually sweating now. What the hell. I just turned on my fan. It must be a full on anxiety attack. I started thinking too much about Ohio and the travel stuff and all the things I have to do and I am nervous about my “breakfast” in 45 minutes.

Bobby got sent to bed at 5:30 last night. His testing continues. I told him to do something, and he actually said no. Good night, son! And when I was getting him dressed for bed, he kicked and screamed and tried to keep me from dressing him. Not scoring points, kid. He calmed down after a while. The best part of it was that Dax watched this all on the Bobby Vision while Ken narrated it, explaining to him that this was not a good idea. Dax was actually pretty good. Poor kid was having other issues since his elbow was itching again, despite putting more of his ointment on it. He finally settled in, though.

The punishment must have struck a chord since this morning, not only did Bobby get dressed on his own, both boys were quite good. Woo hoo!

Ok, so it is about time I head out. The meeting I think is like an hour or so. I suppose it doesn’t have a time limit. Then again, I don’t know. I have lots of things I want to say, but I don’t want to piss anyone off. Wish me luck!!

I made it!

Ok, that was actually a pretty good meeting. I asked maybe 3 or 4 questions (total questions asked? Maybe 6). In fact, I started us off, and had the last question. LOL!

The good news? The president seemed to really like me. He told me he loved my attitude and work ethic. Two of my questions were concerning loss of productivity. Plus, another topic touched on our dealings with dead beat customers. On all of them, he asked me to go ahead and email him some info. YAY! I have reports that I will be running next week that he can be CCed on. He agreed with my suggestions, too. I felt like a rock star.

He also said my department was the best credit and collections team he has ever worked with. That is pretty cool, actually. He used the words, you rock, which of course rules in my book.

I liked that he didn’t seem to upset with things I said. I pointed out that his town hall meetings were a bit dry and boring, and that they took too long. I also suggested we eat during so that there was less down time. He actually liked this. He wasn’t offended and agreed with me that they were a little long.

I considered slamming the one chick there, but in reality, it wasn’t the right forum. It seemed like a nice peaceful gathering, and what with my big meeting next week on that issue, it didn’t seem like a good idea to poke the bear.

Hmm…sounds like it is a skeleton crew on the 28th. I will be curious how that goes. I am not here, and I know now of 2 others. Plus, a possibility of another one! Hmmmm…will anything get done???

No comments: