Friday, May 7, 2010

quick update

5-7-10

Busy last couple of days. Not super busy in terms of it being exhausting. I just had no real down time.

Yesterday I updated some accounts for my coworker as she paid me $100 to help her out. Seemed like a pretty good deal to me. I have more to do, but I have to wait until Monday since the list I have to run will still have the ones I did on it and I don’t need to do double work.

This morning I opted to go to the doctor to have them x-ray my ankle. The pain has been getting to the point where it is downright annoying. The doctor, whom was one I had not seen before, walked into the room and looked at me confused. He looked at the chart, back at me and then sat down. He then asks me with confusion, “How long have you been pregnant?”

Ok, look, normally I would be insulted. Nothing worse than being a fat girl and then someone asks you if you are expecting. But based on how he asked, I don’t even think he believed it.

I laughed and asked him if perhaps he was in the wrong room since the last time I was pregnant was some time ago. He was so relieved. He laughed and said he didn’t think that I was and was pretty sure someone had accidently flagged me as preggers. He said some of it made sense. When I went in for my ankle in March, there was no x-ray, which he figured was due to my pregnancy. But then he looked at the meds I take, and that didn’t add up. LOL! He told me I had just saved him a lot of reading.

He checked it out, and we discussed the history on the injury and pain. He did not think it was broken, but was pretty adamant about me getting an x-ray, which I was thrilled about. He said that his guess was tendonitis. He likened my ankle to that of a door. The door fits into the frame easily, until the door gets a little warped. Even after it shrinks back down to size, it doesn’t fit quite right. So in order to see if there is other damage, we need to get the door back down to size.

I went down and got my ankle pics. The x-ray tech was this cute little grandma type. She was really nice and the x-rays didn’t take too long. I hobbled back upstairs and went into a different waiting room. I was in there a while, when the doc came back in. He apologized, telling me he had been looking for me everywhere since they put me in a different room. Without missing a beat, I told him that I had been in the maternity ward. He laughed a lot to this one.

Turns out his guess is correct. This means that prescribed me some super mega anti inflammatory meds to help settle my tendons. I think it is a 10 day supply, and after 3 weeks if it isn’t getting better, he will need to look into immobilization. We both hope the meds kick in quickly and help.

It was good I got the x-ray, too, since he found the cause of my planters fasciitis from last year. There was a little spur thing, that although now is not in a place to cause issues, he said if it ever did flare up again, it means they could put cortisone in that spot. This is good news. Not that those shots feel good, but having a cause always makes things better.

He told me that my ankle was in really good condition, too. He was impressed, actually. He said since it is a joint that gets a lot of wear and tear, it was in really good shape. This is a good thing simply because it means that despite my gut, the rest of my body is working well.

I am back in the land of work. Normally I would have taken off the whole day, but I have a pseudo meeting at 1, so I figured it was good to be here for that. Plus, I had a few things to work on.

On the way to the doc, Ken texted me to tell me that I needed a prize idea for Bobby. All week I have been telling the boys that if they get dressed on their own without being told that they would get a prize. I even set out Dax’s clothes, hoping it would inspire him. Bobby remembered this morning! I told him that it was good we had a General Gevious action figure we had picked up. My phone rings and it is Bobby. I told him how proud I was of him and he gushed about how he remembered and even tried to get Dax to get dressed. I told him his prize and he shouted, “Thanks, mom!” It was pretty cool. I happened to be near home, so I stopped in to use the restroom and was able to give him his prize in person. It was pretty awesome, really. Hopefully this inspires Dax for tomorrow.

I had amusing dreams last night. At one point, we were at a department store where there was supposed to be one of those cheesy free kids’ shows. There were several parents standing and kids sitting. I had placed the boys so they could see and I wandered around the racks near by. At this point, there was this homeless looking clown that staggered out from somewhere and went to the stage area. He was clearly intoxicated. No one said anything, and most everyone tried to ignore him. I was pissed. The drunk clown tried to juggle, and almost stepped on a kid. Still, there was no action. Finally, I yelled. I said, “Are you people for reals?” At which point, I stormed up to him, took the juggling balls from him and handed them to someone else. At this point I told off the drunk clown and kicked him out. The other moms looked pleased, but shocked. Ken was off to the side, laughing his ass off. My boys also were cheering, saying how cool I was. I rock.

The other dream had me at Robert Downey Jr’s house. He showed me his Oscars (I know he doesn’t have any, but it was a dream people). I held them and was surprised at how light they were. He told me they were only 32 ounces. I was not sure how heavy that would be, but we discussed the weight a lot. It was pretty dull in hindsight, but I didn’t have much control. At one point, I accidently broke one. He was not upset. He said it was bound to happen with such cheaply manufactured items. He hit on me a bit, too, but unfortunately, I woke up to the alarm before anymore getting to know Mr. Downey occurred. Lame!

Tomorrow Grammie is coming into town. I think we are doing the mommy’s day thing. I feel I need a picture with them I will assign Ken to this task. I am also thinking I need to load the Family Tree maker on my computer and bring it to maybe hit up Grammie for some data.

Yesterday I went by the Sketchers store with the hopes of finding some cute sandals for me. I did not see any that were fantastic. The only ones were all heels, which normally would not be a problem, but is amazing how little you want to be in anything that isn’t flat on the ground when you are injured. I did find a couple pair of Spongebob flip flops for the boys, though. They were only $5! They may be a smidge big for Dax, but they both liked them a lot.

Dammit! I missed this pampering event for moms at the mall last night. I forgot to add a reminder to my calendar. Since I started using iTty for the calendar instead of my phone, I have to remember to add the reminder. On the phone, it automatically sets an alarm. Not a huge deal, especially since I tend to remember most of the things I have on the calendar.

My little cousin is getting married. Ok, this isn’t sentimental. This is Robbie’s youngest. He is an idiot. Sorry, Robbie, but your son is! He and his girlfriend of probably 6 or so years have finally decided to get hitched. They have 3 kids. No joke. He is I think 24 or 25? She is a year or two older. And I know I am horrid for saying this but, damn, dem are some ugly ass kids. Any hoo, we got the invite and it is in August in Vegas. Road trip! My parents when I talked to them about it on Wednesday were not going, so we will be the representatives for that wedding. We like Vegas, and we figured there would be a lot to do if we stayed there. In fact, we are considering seeing the Blue Man Group with the boys. They would really dig the hell out of that. We will just stay at State Line. It will be a road trip adventure weekend. I love that! Maybe we can go see the Hoover Dam. I have never seen it! The wedding itself is Friday night. I like getting all dolled up, and the boys are always very cute. Should be fun. Plus, I feel like I owe it to Robbie to be there since she can’t.

Even though I had a nice 2 and a half hour break today, the day seems to be dragging. Bleah.

No comments: