Tuesday, May 3, 2011

the angry curve

5-3-11




I had not intended on blogging today, but the frustration was too great, so I had to vent.



I rock at work. Seriously. I kick some serious ass around here. I learned how to do new accounts, and not only did I keep up, I made it more efficient and organized than it has been in years. I created procedure and templates, all while still doing my own job. That’s not to mention the countless projects other reps needed my help with.



Taking me out of the equation, since let’s face it, I fuck up the curve, it seems to me that perhaps the folks around here are getting lazy.



For instance, the chick who does new accounts who has finally returned from her medical leave, can’t seem to handle her position. She has been back for three weeks, yet she has not touched the new account log. She claims that this tax software has her behind, yet I was doing that shit, too, and I kept up.



I want to feel bad for her, honest. But how can I when I see her dinking around all fucking day? She chit chats, she bullshits, she shoots the shit, and any other old school phrase for NOT WORKING!!!!



Then there are the folks in other departments who claim to be behind. We have $2000 in money on the books that has not been posted simply because the chick who is supposed to reconcile it can’t be bothered to do this daily. I have credits that were due 6 months ago that people can’t seem to get to because of everything from “too busy” to simply forgetting how to do it. I am not making that last part up. Just got an email from a fucking manager who doesn’t know how to process a credit and rebill I need. Holy fuck!!



Am I asking for too much? Do I set the bar too high? Or is it that I work with a bunch of under achievers that don’t care? Or are they so fucking stupid, they couldn’t do this with someone holding their hand?



I want to believe that it is simply my coworkers and not people in general that are this retarded. It worries me that I could explain these procedures to my boys and they could probably do a better job.



I am thankful that I can sit here and chill since I am not behind on work. If anything, I am ahead of the deadlines.



What I wouldn’t give with the power to smack some of these people around or possibly replace them.

No comments: