Thursday, May 19, 2011

They grow up too fast

5-19-11




I would like more sleep.



Dax is spending the day with my mom and dad. This morning, he goes and sees a concert with Greg and Steve. Should be fun for Dax since these are all songs he listens to and performs in class.



Neighbor Boy (NB) keeps me guessing. He came over last night. We have told the boys that for the next few play sessions, they need to play in our yard. They always seem to go down to NB’s house, and I don’t like not knowing what goes on. NB was asked a lot of questions on why they had to stay by home, and I noted he was extremely bossy in general. Bobby got into a huge argument with him over whether or not Vanessa from day care was in daycare. Bobby said she was there, meaning she worked there. NB of course said she was too old for day care. We settled the matter, and I was pleased that Bobby went toe to toe with the older boy.



Despite my misgivings, the kid did bring over some old sweatshirts of his that he didn’t wear anymore (including an awesome Pirates of the Caribbean sweatshirt) for the boys. How mad can I get at a kid who presents us with freebies? I can assure you, I can still be unsure of his motives, but I will take his gifts and keep an even closer eye on him.



One sad note of their play was the sudden realization that my son was no longer a little boy. They were playing soccer, and Bobby was playing goalie. Bobby issued a stern warning to NB to not kick it too hard because he didn’t want it to “hit him in the nuts”. I found myself going into super ooey gooey mommy the rest of the evening with Bobby.



It sounds like a busy afternoon for me. After work, I need to go and get Bobby, then go get Dax from my folks, and then rush back since Papa Brenan happens to be in town this afternoon for some meeting, and he is coming to the house. Seriously, can I go home this morning and sleep? Or at the very least, help Ken with the house. I am thinking he can do the house, and I can do the playroom. Hmm…Maybe I will leave early.

No comments: