Monday, May 16, 2011

Holy Fish Paste

5-16-11




The boys went to their first official birthday party where Ken and I were not a part of it. I walked them down to neighbor boy’s house and they barely noticed me. I did field one question from Danny (Neighbor boy’s real name) which was, “Where have they been?” I bit my tongue since it wasn’t like the boys were all that late, and f-you, you stupid punk ass kid.



Turns out the grandmother of Anthony, the boys other friend, is a smidge leery of Danny as well. There is a roughness and desperation that both she and I do not like. However, she agrees with Ken in the idea that ultimately, this is classic behavior issues of a kid of an angry divorce family. It is such a shame, really, since he is not all bad.



We were late for the party since we took the boys to Disneyland in the morning. We had not been in a while, and it was raining which makes for less people. Apparently, that secret is out, but even so, we didn’t encounter too many crowds overall, and were able to hit up quite a few rides before heading home. We even went over to California Adventure, where the boys and Ken got to laugh at me as I screamed a little on a cheesy jellyfish ride, and then went on roaring rapids in a sight panic at the height of the drop. The boys find it delightful when I freak out, and at the same time they are incredibly kind after laughing to make sure I am ok.



It was a good Sunday after a little hectic from Friday on. Saturday was errands and then a brief visit with my folks and my aunt Guinn who was in town for her grandson’s graduation from USC.



Ken was going to visit with Aaron on Saturday. The plan was that the boys and I would join him. However, it turned out no one under 18 was allowed on the unit. So instead, the boys and I hung out at the Pedro Target with Stephanie and Sabrina. That is a lot of kid, btw. These little ones are awesome, but man, they feed off of one another’s energy. It was comical.



In hind site, I should have checked back in with my folks to maybe continue the visit with Guinn, but we were all rather exhausted. We picked up dinner and got home. My mom called, after we had all consumed a lot of food, to tell us that they were going to Don Jose’s. Damn!!! Oh well, maybe next time.



My mom informed me that she had not told my dad about “the plan”. She didn’t know if I wanted him to know. I was impressed, and told her I had assumed that she would only because I didn’t know if she would keep a secret from my dad. Since it isn’t like a real secret, she doesn’t feel inclined to tell him. I told this to Ken, and his response was, “I thought we were not telling anyone.” I guess he was behind on my blog.



I may become the little old lady who constantly calls the police for every little thing. In my defense, though, I am getting a little tired that I have to call for this jack ass on his ATV that drives up and down my street at 100 mph. Yesterday, he was doing it during Danny’s party, which drove me nuts since there was this party with 20 kids that could have been in the street at any second. Plus, he was racing someone! The cops sent someone out, and they left me a message that they wanted to talk to me. They never showed up near the house, so I didn’t get to tell them where to go. I think next time I talk to the police, I am going to show them the video.



I am rockin a new outfit today. An awesome dress along with some fantastic shoes. I should have worn the hat, but I was not feeling it this morning. You see, the boys and I went to the 99 cent store before we went to my parent’s house on Friday. They had these straw hats, that were kind of cowboy like. I ended up wearing Bobby’s at some point. I looked good. Look, I don’t toot my own horn when it comes to looks all that often. But I have always been able to rock a hat. This one looked cool. It made me sure that I did in fact want the straw cowboy hat that they had at Target. So after we picked up Ken that night, I got me a hat! It has a turquoise beaded thing around it, which shockingly totally matches the dress. The only problem is how much of a “woo girl” I look like when I do put them together. So for now, I think I will try to keep them apart.



Bobby was very upset that Mrs. Fasheh’s pencil holder (a coffee mug) had broken accidently on Friday. So I told him we could get her a new one. He was thrilled. We managed to find one with what looks like red flowers on the bottom of it, which Bobby was also happy about since apparently Mrs. Fasheh loves red flowers. I did not know this, but she had actually trained to be a florist. Who knew?



Dax will break his perfect attendance this week to go to the Greg and Steve show with my mom. It is music that he listens to in class, so it should be fun for him. Plus, my mom is quite pleased. She worries she is losing her connection to the boys. They are getting older and she worries she has already lost Bobby, and Dax will be gone soon, too. She of course is just paranoid since the boys ADORE her. But I understand what she is saying.



Bobby is very obsessed with death. I am not shocked, since let’s face it, I am his mother. I just hope I am doing the conversations justice. He also has asked a lot about where babies come from. I had to explain to him what a tampon was for. He also wanted to know how “daddy’s stuff” gets inside a mommy to make a kid. We have kept it pretty scientific, but didn’t get graphic. Like I don’t tell the boys that they were in my tummy anymore. I tell them that it was a uterus that they lived in. The boys seem happy that I don’t talk down to them too much. I also try not to freak em out. They have not been told about the mechanics of sex. That seems like too much. Although I was amused at Bobby’s question of if it hurts when daddy puts his stuff in me.



We transferred the Mama cat and her babies into a better cage. It is one where we set up a shelf for Mama to be able to get away from them for a spell. She is still spooked, but she is getting better. Yesterday when I took out the kittens, I petted her a bit, and then she just moved out of my way for me to get the babies. It was cool. The boys held them and man, there is one loud mouth of the bunch. I love kitten cries. I ended up holding the set at one point, and went into my natural rocking motion that I would do with the boys when they were babies. I sang, I chit chatted, and after a bit they all settled well into my chest. So wonderful. I am hoping this will imprint my scent and sound on to them so as they grow, they will trust me. I am not too concerned.



I want to introduce them to the dogs, but man, those pups get stupid. They seem jealous, excited, wild and crazed when I am holding the kittens. I think I will wear Luna out tonight and then when she is tired, I will introduce her to them. It might be easier all around.



Ken and I had kicked around ideas for how to spend our Friday night being that we will be sans kids. The decision was to just chill at home. I know, we do it a lot, but there is something to be said about doing it when you don’t have to worry about the boys. So we will catch up on either movies or House or something like that. We also have decided to pick up chips and salsa from Cozy’s and just sit back and enjoy. It will be a good night. I will go get them in the morning.



I feel really good this morning. It was freezing last night, which is always happy making for my sleep schedule. I would imagine that my multiple cups of green tea and ice water this morning have helped my energy. Oh, that and the fact that the boss man is out all week!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!



I guess even without the hat, I am a Woo Girl.



Hmmm…interesting. I just noted that I have had no eye twitch all weekend. I have only been here a couple hours, and I noticed it has popped back up. I think we have the culprit!



I love my new shoes so much. They are crazy comfy and super cute. They also make me mega tall! It is almost scary. I am also happy with the dress. I was a little worried at first as it was a bit more tight around the gut, but it has stretched out a smidge so now it flows nicely. My fancy hippie look is coming along nicely.



I wish Ken’s sibs lived closer to us. I adore them so much. Holly gave me some advice over the weekend about bed wetting alarms. I know, it is minor, but it makes me so happy to have a sister. I think I am a little jealous of people who had normal siblings. No offense to Matt, but let’s face it, I could never be close with him.



OMG! So we found these DIY lamps at Target. It was basically an empty vase that had a light fixture on the top. It showed how you could fill it with whatever you wanted. The examples were things like flower petals and all pretty shit. I want multiple ones now. I want to fill it with skulls and ducks and maybe disco balls. Actually, I think I want to start buying them now and make them as my Christmas presents for everyone. I can make them custom for each person. Ok, so my couple of peeps reading this, I am sorry if I just spoiled my present for you. LOL!!



Aaron is out of rehab. He seems really good. His knees don’t hurt, which is incredible. He is starting to believe that much of his pain for the last 20 years has been in his head. I have been saying this for a long ass time, but I will not gloat too much. I am mad at his doctors for only treating symptoms, instead of looking into the possibility that it wasn’t just his knees. I am mad that they just keep letting him get on more and more pills. I am mad that this has truly fucked him up in enough ways to make me angry at him. This is a guy who dated one of my best friends. He is best friends with my husband. He is a cool guy when he doesn’t let the pain demons run his head. Hopefully now with the tools he has gained from this experience at rehab, that a sober lifestyle will allow him some peace, and will get him back to a more functional life. I know that it would be cool for Ken, since I know how important it is to have people around you in life that you can rely on and vent to, and even just talk about random Star Wars arguments. When Ken was talking to Aaron about Star Wars yesterday, I was actually giddy. I love it when Ken gets that outlet. So because of that, I will do what I can to help this sobriety work. I am going to help out by typing up his writings from rehab. Since he was not allowed a computer, he mostly used old school paper and pen to write what he was thinking. It will be good to have it digital, too. I know he is happy I am doing this, plus, it means I get to read it!



Dax battled a sick this weekend. It wasn’t bad, just some fevers every now and again. He has been sniffly, too, which makes me think it was all part of a cold that Bobby had recently which had the same fever and nose stuff. Poor kid was cold, which is usually a dead giveaway that he is sick. Much of Saturday, he was bundled up, complete with a blanket. Then, as if that wasn’t enough, he broke out into some kind of strange minor rash on Sunday after we went on this roaring rapids ride. I had a similar effect where I got wet. I showered him when we got home and hooked him up with some Benedryl, and he was fine. It still spooked me, though.



It is hot again in this dang office. Uncool, literally. I suppose they are gearing up for a cold day outside. Lame.



I should do something today.

No comments: