Friday, July 15, 2011

Diva

7-15-11




I spent the afternoon watching Drop Dead Diva. It has become more and more enjoyable with each episode. It isn’t television that makes you think or anything, but there is a simple pureness that makes me smile. Not to mention the scores of B list celebrity cameos.



Rosie O’Donnell is awesome. She is a judge on several episodes and she is fantastic in the show. I loved her stand up back in the day and was frustrated with her transition to the Queen of Nice. When she left her talk show and went back to classic Rosie, I was thrilled. I find her to be a delight to watch.



And have I mentioned Liza Minnelli is fabulous?



NB was not around yesterday. The boys even went to find him when they got home and apparently he was with his mom for the day. Such a shame since I had found some inner peace for dealing with him.



I need a nap.



Bobby felt picked on by some tween brats yesterday. They apparently said the class they were in was stupid, and then told Bobby he was stupid. Of course, I don’t know the entire scenario, but Ken mentioned that the instructor was concerned with a couple of 10 year olds in her class being too old for it. Bobby was pretty upset, and said one of them pushed him. He did say his friend Max got a teacher for him, though, so that made me feel good. I told Bobby to stick with his friend and know that little girls like that are annoying, but just know they are full of shit.



Dax seems to be doing well, still chilling with his groupies. He mentioned someone pushing him when I asked about why he had a bandaid on his leg. Dax tends to paint a more elaborate picture of things that happen. Either way, I wonder if we are doing our kids a disservice these days with assuming all of this shoving and standard rough housing is bullying.



I really hope my period is over by Monday.



I am looking forward to the book sale tomorrow. Hopefully they have some kids’ books so we can bombard the teachers right away with them. I also want to start buying Target gift cards now so I have a bunch at the ready. I plan on stocking up on supplies at back to school sales, too, so I am ready for 5 years.



If the boys don’t care about getting new clothing for back to school, can I get new clothes instead?

No comments: