Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The holiday is over

7-5-11




Bleah



I slept a lot on Thursday and Friday. I also watched a damn lot of television as I sat uncomfortable, with a bit of dizzy and gobs of nausea. Every time I ate, I felt ill, but I knew I had to eat because some of the ick was due to being weak from no food. I can’t eat a lot of things, either, due to the meds so things like a cold glass of milk or even a grilled cheese sandwich were off limits. I was in misery.



I managed to get out of the house Friday afternoon. I went to get the boys from Ken at the school and take them to my folks’ house. It was an interesting outing in the idea that I was in a fog much of it. I did manage to make it home, though, more hungry than I had been in 3 days. Ken got me a burger which was happy making.



Saturday was spent at home. We worked on some house cleaning, and mostly just chilled out. It was nice. I did spend some time in the pool with the boys. I lounged on the float while the boys jumped and splashed around. I also quizzed them during this time. I rattled off math problems and spelling words, having them go over things. They did amazing, and it was fun learning. Of course, you would think at some point that I would learn that water reflections enhance the sun beams, hence the sunburn I sustained.



Saturday was so nice out, I told the boys they could sleep in the tent. They were thrilled. We set it up outside our window and they curled up in sleeping bags like a couple of school girls. They were chatty until almost 9, but it was ok since Ken and I watched The Social Network during this time. I was impressed that they lasted the whole night. In fact, they wanted to do it again.



Sunday had me up early what with Luna wanting out and the boys being up and chatty early. I did spend some time just lounging in the tent with them, but work needed to be done.



Ken and I cleaned house. We scrubbed the kitchen and cat area. We made the house sparkle, really. I also made room for the new toy I decided I needed, which was in the form of a toaster oven. It isn’t fancy, but I am excited. We obtained said oven while out on our errands which mostly consisted of Target since all shopping can practically be done there now. Especially sweet due to the $100 gift card we had.



Our neighbors put up another waterslide bouncer which appears to be something they will be doing every Sunday. Works for me since it means the boys have a blast and I don’t have to entertain them. LOL! They have become bored with Park Brenan. Don’t get me wrong, they still love it, but the excitement of a new water park 100 feet from our house is way more interesting.



Monday, my folks came over and we BBQed burgers and hot dogs. They brought chips and other munchies, all of which I could not consume, including the carrots which apparently are not good while I am on these meds. I was super sad, since that was all I wanted.



One of the things my folks brought over was Doug’s ashes. He now resides in the mausoleum in his own spot along with the bear carved from bone and the bear carved from coal that he cherished.



The other thing brought over was the box of Star Wars toys that came from Doug. My boys (Ken included) were pretty excited about the items, which included a giant Millenium Falcon and a couple of Darth Vader t-shirts that didn’t just look vintage, they were actually vintage.



I liked the stack of Star Wars Dixie cups in there.



After my folks left, the boys played with Star Wars for a couple hours. It was good down time since we still were heading out to the fireworks later.



I ended up chatting with Angela online for about an hour or so, which was nice since I had not caught up with her in some time. I had not known about her mother passing away, and I was glad to be able to provide her with an outlet for a lot of pent up anger she had at her. I am thinking of printing up business cards that indicate my therapist status.



We went down to the same spot for fireworks as we have gone to the last few years. It still was shockingly empty for most of the time, but had we gone later, I know it would have either been full, or there would have been zero parking. On the plus side, this was the first year in which the boys managed to walk back to the car without stops or them needing to be carried. Woo hoo!



Needless to say, I am wiped out this morning. I fell asleep pretty quickly, but 5 and a half hours just don’t cut it. I felt especially nauseous this morning, and was considering skipping breakfast. However, the PB&H was tasty and I am glad I forced myself to eat it since I think I feel better because of it.



My chair is quite uncomfortable this morning. I have back pain still from this illness and I think there is some sciatic acting up in my left leg. I am sure it is just that I have not sat at my desk here at work in 4 days. I think I am allergic to it.



The boys start camp today, which should prove to be rough on all three of the people back at my house. Ken will be tired, therefore cranky. The boys will be tired, therefore cranky. There will be stress with it being not just the first day for Ken there, but the boys as well. Thankfully once they all get to where they need to be, it will go fine. I just hope Bobby holds it together. I can’t see Dax being all that stressed.



This afternoon also marks the start of summer homework. I have their work books ready, and I figure I will have them do two sheets each per day. I also need them both to work on penmanship. Bobby has always struggled with it, and Dax looks to be on the same path, so I think some practice will do them some good. Mine always sucked which is why I am quite glad I learned how to type.



We also implemented the Hogwarts reward system, with each boy earning stones in a jar for good deeds, and losing them when they screw up. We made sure their first cashing in gave them a good prize to “purchase”. Dax now is the proud owner of a Green Lantern ring and action figure, whereas Bobby has himself an action figure of The Flash. Larger prizes will be on display soon, along with the small things so that they learn how to save up and spend wisely.



With their love of super heroes, we may need to venture down to the Comic Bug soon. Graphic novels could be something they would get into.



I expected today to be rougher than it is, with catch up taking up most of my morning. It appears that it wasn’t too bad on Thursday and Friday, therefore I got all my email done in about 45 minutes. I have a few phone calls, but I can manage. Either way, I am counting down the hours till I get to be home again.

No comments: