Friday, July 29, 2011

break out of the shell

7-29-11


Date night!

In about 8 I am sure excruciatingly long hours, I am out of here and in route to an awesome evening of BBQ and Olivia Wilde. I am not sure which one is going to be yummier.

Last night was spent rocking Toy Story 3 with the boys. We chilled in bed and they were shockingly excited and engrossed in the movie. It was quite cozy and nice. I even got super involved in the story line, despite having seen it a million times. It was very happy making.

Ken and Daniel went and saw Cowboys and Aliens. Ken managed to win LA Rising tickets while there. Pretty impressive! Too bad we really can’t go. So in a bit I will post on Facebook to see if anyone wants them. I think Ken told me when he got home that the movie was good. I was pretty comatose. I stayed up later than normal, working on my pictures. I had not realized that I had a week’s worth of them on my camera. I was so behind!

I am so desperate for gum this morning I am rockin a blow pop.

I found gum. It has the Xylitol in it. I am not a fan. It is like drinking diet soda.

Rudy the kitten has really upped her affections with me. I think she is trying to get me to keep her. I have to say, it is super tempting because she is the runt of the bunch, and super duper sweet. I think it would piss off Monarch, but I am also thinking she would be a fun companion to Lycos. Lycos LOVES those kittens. And thankfully they don’t mind her nudging and slobber. I figure next weekend (it would have been this one but with the hectic of our schedule it could not be) will be when I get Mama spayed and take the kittens down to the shelter to be adopted out. This means I have a week to either convince Ken to take in a 5th cat, or to come to my senses. LOL!

I think I need to give up coffee. I am actually ok with this. I will change to tea only.

I need to get a bunch of temporary tattoos.

I was on the phone with Ken yesterday and as we were hanging up, I heard one of the boys in the background say, “was that mom?” For some reason, there was a surreal awesomeness that kicked in. I mean, I know I am mom, but sometimes it just hits you in such a way that makes you smile. Yesterday was that day.

I found myself window shopping on the net. It is one of those easy things where you can add stuff to your bag even though you know damn well you will not ever buy the items. Either way, I was sitting there yesterday and I really was wondering how I could get $200 to buy what I had added to my bag. It then occurred to me, I don’t want to buy anything right now. You know why? Because I am about to go on a diet. And it isn’t some fad diet or bullshit that doesn’t work. This is doctor regulated and it is something that may in fact help me kick start loss of this fat shell that surrounds me. I don’t want to waste my money on things that fit me now. I want to wait and waste money on clothing that will fit me in 6 months! I want to wear some of the things I still have in my closet that fit me when I lost weight before. I want to really have something to look forward to. Not just shopping in Old Navy online because it is the only place they have my size. I want to be a new me!

No comments: