Friday, February 3, 2012

checks, teeth and sleep

2-3-12


Ken is in gobs of pain. He had his teeth cleaned on Tuesday, and since that day one tooth in particular has been killing him. He can’t sleep. He is getting worse. He is calling the doc this morning to hopefully see him this afternoon to make sure he doesn’t have anything horrible in there.


My board meeting was interesting last night. Some missing puzzle pieces to the strange, and what seemed sudden to us, ousting of one couple who was a big part of this region were presented. The husband, an angry and volatile coach, was denied his request to be one of the travel coaches which resulted in his resignation, along with his wife who happened to be treasurer at the time as well. I didn’t remember her husband, but I remembered her as the woman I spent a lot of time speaking with during the first region meeting when we joined. She seemed like she knew what she was doing. Clearly I was wrong in my assessment. This became apparent when the audit of finances from 2 years ago was presented last night. Turned out there was $26K in questionable funds paid out to his team. To say she did a poor job at managing finances is being kind. I don’t know if there was anything criminal, and I know that nothing is going to be done about it at this point, but I do know the bar is very low in terms of how well I have to do the job.



I did get to write my first checks. I am looking forward to taking over in terms of being the one who organizes things. I don’t care for the current check book system, but once I start making notes and getting it in order, it will be smooth.


My hair seems calmer this morning. Ken got me a deep conditioner that really seemed to do its job. It also seems a smidge more even. Of course, that could be the lighting in this room and how I pulled it back.

I am sleepy. With getting home and to bed after my bed time, and being up a few times with Ken feeling like crap, I didn’t get restful sleep. The day will be interesting what with no boss man and no motivation. I have my workout, which is nice that I don’t have to stress about how long it takes today. I also plan on my walk again, and then I can change into jeans and take the boys to visit my folks.

Dax picked out these earrings for me for Christmas. As much as I am not a fan of Ms. Montana, they are kind of cute, and I am impressed with Dax’s taste.

No comments: