Thursday, February 23, 2012

Shopping for the party

2-23-12




In a disturbingly accurate cliché moment, I discovered that my mood yesterday may have been enhanced by the hormone demons that visit monthly. On the plus side, at least I don’t have to deal with that aspect of being a woman next week when we are Vegas bound.

On Tuesday evening, Bobby told us that his homework packet was not in his mailbox. We assumed he missed it, but it wasn’t there yesterday, either. Mrs. Kelly assured us it was put there, but I am starting to wonder if perhaps someone accidently took his packet. On Monday, I am going to have to remember to check his backpack at school so that we make sure he has it at the start of the week.



It was a hectic, yet productive evening. Our outings took us to Dollar Tree, Sally’s Beauty Supply, Party City and JoAnne’s, with a quick jaunt to Ralph’s. We managed to find handy dandy notebooks and crayons for Saturday. We also found good paw prints for our clues along with a red table cloth for the picnic table. JoAnne’s even had a paw print cake tin, which although is not as cute as the cupcake idea, it will be significantly easier.



Sadly, we are shopping for tombstones at the wrong time of year. But we did manage to find some great substitutes. Turns out popsicle sticks will work perfect! Plus, Ken has a stamp that can be changed so we can stamp RIP on all of them. The other good news with this project is that Mrs. Fasheh decided to go ahead and have the whole class do it, which gives us another week to work on it. YAY! We are going to head over to a couple of miniature shops to see about trees.



I was hoping for a less crazed evening tonight, but a last minute AYSO meeting popped up. So much for going to bed at a reasonable hour.

I didn’t go to bed as early as I like to last night, either. That was my fault, though. As I mentioned, one of my outings was to Sally’s which was to procure hair treatment. My hair is significantly lighter, and I also was told to get this shampoo which takes out the reddish and gold tints. So far I am pleased!

The other fun thing while at Sally’s was us chatting with the staff (who seems to adore us all). At one point, one of the ladies asked the boys what they wanted to be when they grow up. Bobby answered that he wanted to be a worker man like his mom. Dax wants to be a parade worker who throws beads. Those kids freaking rock.

No comments: