Thursday, February 16, 2012

too much stress

2-16-12




Happy Birthday Stephanie!!!!!!! 








 
My transformation is just about complete. Ken colored the back half of my hair with the other box of blonde and I think my hair is pretty damn even now. The very top is still a little lighter, but not in a bad way. I am now a very golden with a hint of strawberry blonde. It is very strange. I looked at the album of my hair when I started and holy crap it looks different. Yesterday when I went to the boys’ school, I had my hood on, so really all you could see was the front and one of the moms didn’t even recognize me.









I was a little bummed at the downpour that took place just as I was heading home in order to go get the boys. It forced me to drive to get the boys since I didn’t need them bitching about walking home in rain. Luckily the rain cleared up enough by 4 which allowed us to ride our bikes to the grocery store.





There will be some definite chaos tomorrow for our leaving. Ken has to figure out his schedule with his schools, and we have to determine how to get the van packed either tonight with Ken taking the truck for classes or if we can do a quick pack tomorrow right before we leave. I was hoping to get on the rode as quickly as possible. It is going to be a long journey up.






In a strange reaction, Dax broke down sobbing after I praised him for some cool dance moves. He busted out the robot at one point, and it was freaking awesome. I cheered and he seemed cool all the way up to me telling him he had to show Ken his coolness. He then was reduced to a sobbing mess, refusing to even consider doing it for me again. It was very strange.






Last night, though, as we have been dealing with many of these meltdowns, he and I worked on some breathing techniques to calm him. Yay Avatar for using them blatantly in their show because I could show Dax things that Aang or Uncle would do, and he understood. It also really seemed to help. It was focusing his energy differently and even with him hurting from having bit his tongue in a me like fashion, he was chill.





With tomorrow being travel day, I find myself anxious to get home today to prep the house. I have already packed the boys’ clothing and set mine out. In fact, we really don’t need to take much with us. The house needs to be put in order, though, as I refuse to come home to a complete disaster area.


In addition to this stress, I am wondering what we are going to do for Bobby. A party seems imminent, but honestly I don’t want to do anything too wild or crazy. I have a feeling he will be happy with even just a cake, but he seems so jazzed about his birthday and the potential of a party, I worry we got him too excited. I need to sit down with him today and discuss options.

No comments: