Friday, February 10, 2012

Gena's Day Off

2-10-12

I am glad I played hooky yesterday. I was exhausted. The neighbor’s dog felt the need to serenade us all, fucking, night, long. I can’t imagine ever hurting an animal on purpose, but boy this pup was begging for it.


I off course threw a mommy wrench into the morning. The boys thrilled to see me and equally excited that I would be walking with them to school. The problem was that then when we reached the standard drop off point, we had tears. In all fairness, Bobby gets teary every morning. But apparently he had some success this week and I went and derailed the whole thing. Fuck. Even Dax had some sadness, which meant instead of leaving them at the gate, we ended up walking them both to their classrooms. Ken gets upset about this, especially since it gives in to their tantrum. I had to bribe Dax with the offer to bring his scooter when I picked them up in order to get him to walk himself into the classroom instead of having me walk him all the way in. Thank goodness both the boys’ teachers are amazing.


Ken and I went home and while he exercised, I did my own stress management in the form of cleaning. I was able to do some laundry, clean the playroom, bathroom and bedrooms. It felt very good to spend some quality time on these things.











I also spent some time working on the AYSO computer stuff. I had to load Quicken and get the file working. Sadly, the file was read only, which did prevent me from some of the things I wanted to accomplish, and the net book I wanted to be able to get working with Quicken didn’t work, either. I am glad I had the time to work on it, though, since last night was yet another AYSO meeting, and I was able to talk to the RC and get more info.



Ken and I ended up going to lunch at this little Chinese food restaurants down the street from us. We had passed it a million times, and figured we would give it a try. I can safely say we don’t need to subject ourselves to the place again. It wasn’t gross, but it wasn’t great. It was a nice adventure, though. We are trying to go to new places and it isn’t so easy with kids. Although, I think they would have been ok with a couple items there.











Instead of walking yesterday, Ken helped me put the scooters in a backpack and I rode my bike to the school. I took the 2 mile normal walk route, and then improvised when clearly I was way too early. I rode up an incline which turned out to be a good level of difficult. Not so hard that I couldn’t do it, and just right in the idea that it gave me some good strength training. I rode around the neighborhood a bit more and it was overall a probably shorter time, but it felt like the same level of workout since I am not used to the bike muscles. I will try to mix it up a bit during the week. We are looking into a basket for my bike so I don’t have to deal with a backpack and that way I can still carry the scooters. Scooters seem to be easier for the boys on the short trip home, and they are easier for me to bring to the school.




Mrs. Kelly indicated that Bobby had once again spent the day coughing. It was a wicked cough and even the sub the day before said he was coughing too much. Mrs. Kelly suggested croup, which seemed a bit crazy, but I told her we would take him to the doc.

I made an appt for 5:30 with the after-hours doc, which meant that the afternoon would be crazy hectic. I needed to get the boys to complete their homework, I needed to cook dinner, get a shower in, take Bobby to the doc, all to get back in time to make the 7 o’clock AYSO meeting. Phew!

The doctor checked out Bobby (and Dax since she noted his coughing as well) and seemed shocked when she told us that Bobby had bronchitis. She, too, had just suspected he had a cold that gives you a cough. She prescribed him some antibiotics and also gave him an inhaler thing. Hopefully between using that and some suppressant before class he should have a better day. We will hook him up with another dose right before John Williams plays us some epic tunes as the lights go down this evening.



That’s right, Star Wars: Episode 1 Phantom Menace 3D is out today. We have our tickets and two extremely excited little boys. Stephanie, Sabrina and Dave are meeting us there, too. It should be fun. I mean, it isn’t a great movie, but it isn’t nearly as horrid as some movies. I told the boys they could wear costumes, so this means when I get home from work I need to frantically search for some in the costume chest, since I am pretty much picking them up from school and heading to the mall. I have time, though, since Ken will already be there staking out our seats. Either way, I don’t see any need to dink around.





I had strange dreams last night where I invented this solution to lost pieces in jigsaw puzzles. I put a tiny bit of metal in every piece so that you could put a magnet in the box lid and all the pieces would not fall out. I made millions.









Once again I am blessed this morning with the email saying my boss took a vacation day. 4 full days of no boss man helps the soul.



My AYSO meeting went well. It was odd that I was tapped to sit at the head of the table with the RC. I felt all important, and very scared at the same time. I also felt naked in the idea that I really needed a computer with Excel in front of me to keep better track of the budget. It was fine, and I handled a calculator like a pro, but I still would have liked my digital security blanket.


We signed the boys up for the Spring League. It goes from March to June. It is a short season, and it may even include some evening games. The boys were very excited and it gives Ken and I a chance to work on coaching before the fall season.



 



The meeting also put my calendar to use. I filled it up with board meeting, round table dinners, registration events and other various activities that and active AYSO member takes part in. Is it a lot? Not really. I am guessing that it does mean more outings to some of the tournaments just to get an idea of what is going on. I know that I have to care a bit more than I do. I will have to start knowing people. It is all good for me in the long run.








I am workin my Keurig this morning. I treated myself to some coffee this morning, and I am rockin the green tea like crazy. I am still tired having gotten home from this “good for me” AYSO adventure well after 9:30. I was wide awake when I arrived home, which kept me up when I went to bed. I am doing ok, I just would like to get cozy.











Ken really likes my hair in its current configuration. I still am unhappy with the shade. I hope to do another treatment this weekend on it to finish the evening process. I will wear it lighter for a while longer. It isn’t often that Ken speaks up on my hair, so I think it is only fair to look good for my man.









I love my Kevin and Bean, but I need some tunes this morning. When the show is over I will be crankin it!

No comments: