Friday, August 31, 2012

Not a whole lot of anything

8-31-12


It is quitting time yet?

I am incredibly sleepy. With the heat and the inability to get comfortable last night, I found myself tossing and turning much of the night. It also didn’t help that Monarch seems to think he is allowed one third of the bed.



Recently the boys discovered that one of Bobby’s classmates lives across the way from us. So he and Dax have been playing with her and her brother. They have lived there for some time, but I think this is the first time she has been in the same class as Bobby. They seem like good kids, and I like that they are playing so well together. Bobby did tell us that their parents don’t like us. I am shockingly amused at this. I really don’t care. The only reason given to Bobby was that their dad didn’t like us teasing the crows. I of course know that he didn’t have the whole story and that he doesn’t understand that we were in fact trying to help a baby crow out. I also don’t care as long as they are nice to my kids. My boys are good kids and as long as there is no issue with them, I will not have issue.



It was nice that they were across playing, since it meant Ken and I could play in the backyard. We went in the pool. Hee!

The kids don’t have school today so they are going with Ken to his home school class. I think Ken is also bringing them to me right before I am done for the day. We have a Target outing in our future before we go visit with my folks. Ken is helping Aaron with a gaming tournament this afternoon.

I also am hoping to finally get Dax a birthday present today. I had to wait till I got paid. I will let him pick something out at Target.

I need a new strategy on homework. I think I will go with timed rewards. This will hopefully encourage them to settle in and work, plus it is positive reinforcement as opposed to negative. I know it is a lot of work and that it is only getting worse each year, so hopefully if I can get them moving we can get good work habits.

Ken may have been able to secure two computers which also means we can set up computers for each of the boys. I want to be able to have them do everything from educational games to playing some of the fun stuff online to even maybe typing out letters to people. They are really good on their iPods, and curious about our computers enough (along with having used them at school) that I think we are doing them a great injustice by not having them on a machine sooner. It may also be a good incentive towards the homework.



No comments: