Thursday, July 3, 2014

dig

7-3-14

Angry hair!

On my way home from work I will be stopping by Fantastic Sams to get a haircut. I have to get the super dead off on the bottom. This means cutting like 3 to 4 inches off. Not a huge deal as I have had my hair short before, and really, it should be a fun time to do it. The top of my hair seems ok, so I should be ok with it again. Sure, I was planning on growing out my hair, but eh, its only hair.

My battery backup is screaming right now at my desk. It is driving me nuts. Sadly, no one who can fix it is in the office right now, so I am left hearing this horrid beeping at my feet.

I found a home for the wooden motorcycle rocking toy. Dawn and Rosie came by yesterday and picked it up. They were thrilled! They will also be coming back because I am giving them my old dollhouse. I had been torn on this for so long, but honestly, I need to downsize and it isn't like I will ever use the dollhouse. I would rather some loving family get use out of it. I feel really good about this. I feel like these are all good deeds and I am earning good Karma.

We took 9 bags and a handful of other things over to Savers yesterday. We are kicking ass on getting rid of things. I worked on the backyard a little, trying to fill the holes the dogs made. I guess we will need to till the dirt and then plant seed. Hopefully the dogs don’t dig once we do that. Then I can water nightly and get it all good.

I am supposed to go by Wilson Park this afternoon to help out a bit with the VIP games. I need to stop and pick up the costume and then go with that. I know those kids will get a kick out of it. It may be the thing I end up helping out with. I can totally enjoy that!

You don’t ever think you will need to send an email to your mother asking when it would be a good time to come and exhume a body from her yard. Of course, most people are not me. It has been the Best of Kevin and Bean this week and yesterday they were replaying this segment where they discussed what people did with the remains of their pets. This one lady called saying she had her cat’s skull. This sparked a conversation in the car with Ken and Dax. Dax decided having a cat skull would be awesome. Ken calls me and I am in a bit of shock. Both the boys tell me they want to help Daddy dig up Smack who is buried at my parents’ house.

I am torn. On one hand, I don’t like the idea of messing with a grave. I think it is disrespectful. I don’t have any faith or even decent reasoning to back this. I just feel strongly about it. That being said, there are more pluses on this that counter my ‘concern’.

Smack should be in our mausoleum. He should be with his kitty family and people family. He had been buried before we started cremating our critters. He is the only family member not with us. In addition to this, there is the scientific aspects that this adventure brings. How often do our kids get to do a for reals archaeological dig? Seriously, when I was a kid, I can tell you, this would have been so fascinating! I remember the time we found a dead cat on the way home from school and I watched daily the way the body broke down and it was amazing. It was so remarkable how nature broke down all of the components of this once living creature, and in some ways gave it a new life. Smack has been in the ground for more than 10 years. He won’t have the fleshy parts left, but his skeleton should prove to be truly fascinating to a couple of young boys.

I don’t know that I want to be a part of the actual dig. I like the idea of them having this experience as father and sons, allowing me to not be a part of the aspects that mess with my emotions and yet still enjoy their excitement.


No comments: