Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Lego Migration

7-15-14

Turns out too much free time isn’t all that great.

Not to say I have not enjoyed my afternoons by myself, but to some degree I must admit I miss my housemates. I like that chaos they provide. Not to mention the whole being able to talk to other people and not just furry critters.

The weekend was a good mix of crazy and mellow, which was happy making all around. One highlight was that of Edith’s visit. She is someone I knew in high school, but quite honestly didn’t know her as well as I suppose I could have despite her being pretty involved in our little group. Over the past few years, though, I have gotten to know her better due to the magic of Facebook.

She is in town for a week and we were able to schedule some time with her on Saturday. Ken knows her well, too, so it was a wonderful visit. I got to meet her kids and vice versa, both of whom are total sweethearts. It was pretty funny since I bonded with both kids. Ken did, too. It made me sad that they live out in TN.

We went to dinner and then they came back to see Steve. I am more and more happy with my house every day since it is such a great place to have people visit at. I was able to stay up late to visit but still be super comfortable.

Sunday night I went with Kam to the Hollywood Bowl to go see a Grease Sing-a-Long. It was crazy fun, especially since I wasn’t sure how energized I was about going out to a concert to such a huge venue. I am getting much too old for this stuff. LOL! It was actually really cool, especially since we were in the midst of a huge crowd who truly was feeling the Grease vibe. All of these older (I say older, but really, they were maybe 20 years older than me so not exactly old) women were there with their wine and costumes and having a blast. I also say women and not people since it really was like 93% women.

We got swag bags that had a pompon and a comb and other items for the movie. The whole crowd used the pompon for the pep rally scene. It is kind of surreal to see the whole bowl full of people shaking these red and white pompons. It was awesome!

We had taken the busses from Wilson Park, which totally proved to be the way to go up there for any event. And we didn’t even do it right since we didn’t get tickets before hand and had to go standby. Still, way worth it since we didn’t have to deal with traffic on the way up or home. Plus, no parking nightmares. Next time I may need to prep better and bring booze on the way.

Being that I was exhausted Sunday night, I am glad I opted for no work yesterday. I went to the mall to get some shorts and I worked on some of the stuff on the side of the house. I could have been more productive, but it was just too dang hot to function.

Today, I am hoping to take our recycling to the place to turn it in. We have several bags of cans and glass. My only concern is that it won’t fit in my car. That would kind of suck. I also have grand ambitions of working on the clutter in the catio, but once again, it all depends on this stupid muggy weather we have been dealing with.

Saturday is registration day, and if memory serves it is the last one. Yay! We also have the board meeting on Thursday night.

Sunday I think Ken and I need to work hard on the garage. Lego camp is almost over with next week being the last week. It means all these plastic bricks migrate back to Steve. Now is the time for us to really get things ready for this. I would also like to get a place for the things on the side of the house under the tarp. I may work on some of that this week.


For now, I guess I will tackle this whole work thing. 

No comments: