Monday, July 7, 2014

When is the next 3 day weekend???

7-7-14

All weekends should be three days long.

We spent a lot of the weekend at Wilson Park, helping out with the National Games. We went by there on Thursday afternoon with intentions of helping, but they really had everything under control. It was nice to check it out, though. We ended up spending all of Saturday there. I got to evaluate one game, which turned out to be two great teams with wonderful sportsmanship, so my job was easy. Later, though, there was one match that I know had at least 2 yellow cards and a lot of angry on both sides due to some questionable calls. It got rather heated.

I did have to run home in order to print out a bunch of flyers. They ended up deciding to have the Sunday games moved over to Columbia Park, which really was better for everyone. It meant the staff that had been at Wilson all week got to have a day off and the fields they were moving to were actually in much better condition.

I also got to duck wrangle. A mama and her 5 babies ended up on a field Ken was reffing on, so Denise and I went to go help out. The fields were on the Crenshaw side of the park so Mama was not as close to the pond as I would have hoped, but we did get her and mama at least near the bushes so she could hide her babies and transport them behind the scenes instead of down the walkway where there were dogs and people. We considered actually catching them but I told everyone it wasn’t necessary. Mama would keep them safe, we just needed to let them be.

There was one serious injury while we were there. They had to even call in an ambulance. Poor kid!  Aside from that, the rest of the day went pretty well. The boys were bored much of the day, but that was really on them. They had their iPads and a soccer ball and let’s face it, a giant park. They just kind of chose to be cranky at times.

They were most likely tired since the 4th was the night before. We all went down to our normal spot in Redondo Beach. We took both pups knowing that Luna doesn’t seem to give a crap about fireworks and Lily was better off with us. I am happy that my cats don’t really seem to mind the fireworks, but I am guessing it helps that we live in a neighborhood that doesn’t seem to set off as many right next to us.

I enjoyed walking around people watching. Ken, Dax, my dad and Matt and I wandered around by Seaside Lagoon and then back around by the pier. The pups got a lot of attention, which made me all kinds of proud.
The boys played a fun ring toss game in which Ken was tossing on of the glow sticks in a circle at them and they would try to catch it. They had a blast with that. The fireworks were good and Lily seemed to feel safest with Dax. I know she was thrilled when they were done.

On Saturday evening after being at the field all day, we veged out. Andrea happened to be coming home from work and passed the house and stopped for a visit. It was very cool! She hung out for a couple hours where we got to chit chat. We decided she needs to come by more often.  She does just live down the street.

Friday morning did result in a bucket of bones. Ken completed the excavation of Smack’s grave site and we now have brought him home. Bobby is hell bent on somehow connecting the bones together like they do in museums. Not sure how feasible that is, but I suppose it might be interesting.

Brandy had unblocked me for a bit on Facebook, which I found interesting for various reasons. I then noticed on Sunday that she had reblocked me. My best guess right now is that she got her panties in a bunch over the fact that she still reads this and was upset that we would dig up bones. Of course, she has been known to come up with even more trivial reasons to hate me, so I guess it will be a mystery for now.

Today starts my week of free time. I did a ton of housework yesterday which means today I can stop by Target on my way home.  I figure I did my chores, and really all that is left is laundry, which can wait until after a kid free shopping trip. Yay!


No comments: