Monday, July 28, 2014

Take a hit

7-28-14

It was a fantastic weekend!

Friday night’s meeting was not horrid. Of course, I did opt for a couple of hits before I went due to my incredible anxiety that was building. I was super twitchy with my left pinky so Ken told me this is exactly what the pot is for. Two hits was a perfect amount of my Space Queen to allow for me to calm down and still be on task when it came to the meeting. It was wonderful.

We discussed the upcoming audit and it looks like it will once again be pretty easy overall. I think I did amuse and surprise my colleagues there when I went into my work mode which made it very clear that even though yes, we are supposed to be helping families with issues concerning their soccer playing offspring, we also can’t let them be dicks to us. We had a family that requested a refund because they dropped from the Extra team. Since I don’t handle that account I didn’t know about any of this until dinner. Turns out they didn’t get the check and there was a lot of frustration from the family and they were rude to Bill (who subsequently hung up on them which is shocking since he is so gentle) and wanted us to issue a new check. Mind you, it had been barely a week, and it turned out that they had given us multiple addresses along with having issues with someone at one of those places taking the mail. Sounded like it was a whole lot of divorce drama that frankly, AYSO should not have to worry about. When I found out about how we were bending over backwards, I told them all that we don’t have to do this and explained a rational policy to be put in place. I guess I get a little passionate when I talk sense and Ed was super amused and excited to see me get all riled up. Jerry realized that if collections or other things like this come up, clearly they need to include me since I can handle it. LOL!

I managed to sleep till 9. Granted, this was after getting up at like 6:30 to deal with the dogs and other things, but I did come back to bed and fell into a wonderful deep sleep that included dreams of me dealing with some kind of rabid snake/skunk mix and wandering a foreign country. It was awesome!

Ken and Bobby dropped Dax and I off at Savers on Saturday morning and we looked for shorts. Stephanie had tipped me off on the 50% off sale on kids clothing so we went nuts! We found 4 pair of shorts for each boy and a couple pair of jeans, too. Back to School clothing shopping done all for $20! We also got some books, since Dax and I have no control when it comes to book shopping. It was his fault. He asked if we could look at books. What is a mom to do? He found a Magic Treehouse book and some others that looked interesting. I found the book I was looking for that I want Bobby to read. They had a copy of Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, which pleased me greatly.

Stephanie and Sabrina came over to swim. It was a lot of fun! We left the kids to the pool and we hung out downstairs chatting all afternoon into the early evening. Clearly my weekend was pot based since we both had some while the kids watched movies. Poor Ken seemed to be banished to the bedroom to watch tv since he didn’t want to watch Adventure Time. That being said, it would have been interesting to watch in our state. I was so happy Stephanie was over. I had missed her! She is going to help me prep for dinner at the next game night that is on the 9th (which up until seriously, yesterday I thought was this coming Saturday). We are going to make a nice salad and BBQ some teriyaki chicken. Yum!

Sunday was an incredibly random adventure. We had signed up for this new service where you can use these Smart Cars that are parked all around the area. They are rental cars that you pay for by the hour. You can park and leave them anywhere when you are done. It is a pretty cool idea. So we let the boys stay home by themselves, armed with a phone and instructions to not answer the door and Ken and I walked up to one of the cars.

The cars are seriously super freaking tiny. I almost felt like we needed to wind it up before we could go. However, it was a fine little car for what we used it for. We drove up to Target to return this griddle we had picked up that happened to be scratched. We also went next door to Ralphs to get a cake for Steve’s birthday. It was a simple little outing, but actually quite fun.

Ken did manage to almost lose his iPad, but let’s just sweep that under the rug.

Dax lost his tooth on Sunday so I was a little panicked at first being that I wasn’t 100% sure where I had stored the Tooth Goblin. I don’t know why I panicked since it was exactly where I would have thought to put it, which was in my closet. It will now reside in the kitchen as a permanent fixture. He really is much too cute to leave him boxed up somewhere.

I found two different books at the library so I have them both being put on hold. One I managed to request last night, and the other this morning since I happened to read an article written by the guy who wrote the book. That one is about animal ownership changes in the US over the last century. It looked intriguing. The other is the book called The Giver. I had been interested in reading it a couple of times, but now that I see the movie is coming out and it looks interesting, I feel that I should read the book first. I was unable to hunt down a copy online so I will go old school and get an actual book. That one should be available this afternoon since the copy was already at our branch. The other will be transported from the main library branch to our branch, which may take a day. I will hopefully get email confirmations before I leave work. Hopefully both will be there when I walk over there after work. If not, it just gives me an excuse to walk over tomorrow, too. I am also hoping to look around for a couple of books by Rainbow Rowell. I read one of her books and enjoyed it and was curious about her other two since they are getting good reviews. I am hoping the boys and Ken walk with me since we could all use the exercise.

It looks to be a quiet week. Tomorrow night is the referee points meeting. I will most likely go for part of it and then the boys and I will come back home. Ken knows how I feel so I know he can speak for both of us on this program. Plus, I have already discussed things with Jerry and Jimmy so I don’t have to speak more. I may, however, need to cut a check for the food. Ha! I may walk up with the kiddos and dog heads and just stay to write that check.


Time to prep for my reports tomorrow. I find it funny that I always have the most to say the day before reports. I write a longer post, which is nice since I won’t write one tomorrow. 

No comments: