Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pet Haven

7-31-14

Sometimes random field trips can be fun.

As I browsed the Torrance newspaper archives, I came across an article and picture of Lassie. Lassie was actually with some military folks and posing in front of a grave marker. It was a grave of a pup who had been in WWII and was posthumously being awarded the Lassie Award. Turned out, it was over at Pet Haven, or as we affectionately refer to it, the monkey cemetery.

Clearly, it was time for an outing.

The boys enjoyed the exploring more than I had expected, but then again, they are used to my random cemetery outings. We found Skippy and many other sweet and touching markers. I was having a difficult time when I came across several “Trixie” stones and was thankful I had washed my makeup off before we had left since I know my eyed would have been in pain. Bobby asked me if I had cried yet, which sadly only made the tears come. That being said, they were ok tears.

We also went into the office to see what kind of pricing they offered, specifically for cremation services. While there, I shared the article I had found and the man there let the boys pose with the office bird, Pee Wee, which was pretty fun.





In my internet searches after the outing, I have discovered a woman on Facebook that contributes to Find A Grave and is a self-declared Cemetery Walker, which I love! I spend much of this morning going through all of her pictures. I sent her a friend request. She also happened to go to Torrance High, which makes it all seem even more meant that I need to know her. I am all excited.

I spent some time yesterday going through my dresser and I got rid of a large bag of clothing I know I don’t wear anymore. I will take it to Savers this afternoon. I need to also go out and get some more hangers since I was able to make everything fit better by hanging up some other items.

I have a strange desire to do a uber scrubbing on the bathrooms, so perhaps that will be my afternoon task. I need to get over to the library, also, since I have a book on hold there for me.

Ken and the boys took my car yesterday and got the oil changed, gas filled and washed it. Yay! There is a bunch of crap in the car that now I need to clean out, but it is nice to have my car all happy.


No comments: