Monday, July 21, 2014

Mouse!

7-21-14

Well that will certainly wake you up.

I found it interesting that Lucy was by the front door when I was leaving. She isn’t the one who tends to see me off. I found out quickly why it was that she was so anxious for me to open the door. On the top right hand corner of the screen door was a mouse! It was a large mouse, but I am relatively sure it wasn’t a rat because I didn’t notice a larger tail. Either way, it startled me and I gasped. I am shocked Ken didn’t come running out, but I guess I was still pretty quiet in my shock.

The critter scooted to the bottom but Lucy was ready. There was a slight struggle but the mouse escaped under the screen. By this time I had most of my cats begging me to let them go after the rodent. I have to admit, I was tempted to let Monarch take a crack at it, but really, the one cat who could have captured it was Breezer, and she was too busy lounging in the hallway to have even seen the commotion.
Needless to say, I was wide awake after that.

It was an interesting start to the week. I can laugh at that, but when the front door to my building once again failed to unlock, I can say I am not feeling as groovy. Oh well. Hopefully I got the crap out of the way.
Registration on Saturday was good. Another rocky start to a morning what with the janitor not showing up to the school to let us in, but we managed to get a hold of the principal so we were able to get in the school. 
We had an amazing turnout, and right now our numbers are actually up! Yay! The day itself went quickly. I never had a moment where I felt like it was dragging. The boys felt differently, but they feel like that after 10 minutes, so I was not shocked.

We spent a lot of time cleaning the house yesterday. I always feel really good after that. We even did some cleaning we neglect, which makes me all happy because although I love my house, I love it even more when it is all clean.

I went last night to Angela’s NA meeting so I could see her get her chip. I had a bit of a snafu what with there being 2 churches with the same address, one in Torrance and one down the street in Redondo, but I made it and am glad I went. She didn’t end up talking, but she said one of the meetings she attends she will end up sharing. I told her I would go to other meetings with her, especially if they were important ones. Hopefully with a good support team, she will make some positive changes in her life.

The people at the meeting were certainly a cast of characters that varied from seriously committed folks to people that looked like they might still be high to the ones going through the motions when they were texting the whole night. I suppose not everyone is at the same point in their recovery.

Of course, I couldn’t help laughing on my way home noting that I had spent that night helping a friend in NA and that later this week I will be accompanying my folks to a dispensary after encouraging them to start using.

My friend Stacey, the one who I gave the stroller backpacks to, had her twins this morning. They look great! She grew them good!

I have been slacking on my green tea consumption. I have decided to make a point of drinking my 5 cups a day. I will be curious to see how I feel after a week of this. I will venture a guess that I will be pretty wired at work. LOL!

Bobby has his orthodontist appointment on Wednesday. I really am hopeful the kid doesn’t need braces. I know it will upset him greatly. That will break my heart.


No comments: