Monday, August 18, 2014

A super quick update

8-18-14

8 years????

It has been a few days since I sat down to write. I was a combo of busy and just not feeling it. I suppose those sort of things happen.

I am a little bummed that only two kids were at Dax’s birthday party. Thankfully Dax didn’t care one bit. He was just happy to have a party. They played in the bounce house and the pool and even at one point made a fort in both their room and the bounce house. It was awesome! Even though it wasn’t as chaotic as some parties, it was fun all around. I also know that as time goes on, Dax will make even better friends at the new school and parties will be more filled with peeps.

The rest of the weekend was filled with random short outings. We went and looked at cars since I had seen one on my walk in the morning that was super cute. Ken is going to check with the credit union today to see about a car loan. I have decided I really like the Nissan Juke. It is cute and simple and really good for what I need.

The boys and I went on a morning journey of Targets looking for new Minecraft toys. They both ended up with a Minecraft horse.

My hands are tinted blue from rinsing my hair after a color touch up.

This week is only sort of busy. Tonight Dax gets to choose dinner and then my folks will come over for cake. Tomorrow I am going shopping with Sarah for items for her mom’s birthday party. Tuesday and Thursday bring practices. Also, the giant rubber duckie is in town this week. Yay!

Other than those activities, I am hoping to put together a quick presentation about social media to the team parents showing up on Saturday. I am a little nervous being that I will need to speak in front of a bunch of people. Thankfully I have been around long enough now that I actually know a handful of the people that will be in the crowd. I also don’t need to fret too much being that it is all on topics I know quite well. Still, I am hoping to create some handouts for it.


No comments: