Monday, August 25, 2014

Lines

8-25-14

So starts the last full week of summer break for the boys.

This makes it pretty cool for them since today they are going to a museum exhibit with my folks. It is the same place in Pasadena we took them to ages ago. There is supposed to be a water exhibit right now, too, so they get to get all soaked. Yay!

It seems like a good reward for them what with their patience being tested on Saturday. We had the team parent meeting Saturday morning, where I had to talk and Ken took his coaches training. The problem wasn’t that, since the boys helped Ken’s class and my meeting was only 90 minutes. What took forever was the fact that they needed the fields lined. We thought we would have a ton of volunteers, but it was just Ken, me, our friend Jerry and Jonwa. And it wasn’t just painting fields. We had to measure them all out and mark out all the penalty boxes and set it up to be traceable the rest of the season.

The boys helped quite a bit, and despite them sometimes getting surly, they were very well behaved. We left the field by about 4, but at least it is all done, which is nice. And in some ways I am happy they were there since it meant they had to play outside for a while.

We were pretty sore from all of that come Sunday, so we were mostly lazy. That being said, we cleaned the house a bit, including mopping the kitchen floor and hosing off the boys’ rug from their room. That had to be done what with the projectile vomit we discovered Saturday night from the top bunk. Apparently one of the cats (our top suspect is Monarch) spewed with a purpose all over the side of the beds and all over the floor. We of course didn’t know about this until bedtime Friday night, which meant there was a flurry of energy before going to sleep and I was already feeling stress about the morning meeting. But it is now all cleaned up in there, so that is a good thing.

Ken is actually in an empty house right now what with the boys having stayed over at my folks last night. I am hoping he gets to sleep in.

Ken and I went to the new Korean BBQ place by our house last night. It was quite tasty. A little pricey and loud, but the place over all was nice. I couldn’t see going there a lot, but it was a good experience.

Traffic was strange this morning. I was already off because Breezer changed the time on my clock, therefore causing me to think it was an hour later at one point this morning which of course made me think I was late. It was then odd to get on the road and see no cars. It was dead out there. I was starting to wonder if it was even Monday. Then on the 91 I noticed off to my left a giant fire. I could see the smoke first, then the giant flames. It was pretty surreal all around. Makes me wonder if I am awake right now.


No comments: