Wednesday, August 13, 2014

ink

8-13-14

Another busy day ahead of me.

Dax tends to cry wolf a lot when it comes to his stomach. He will say he is hungrier than he really is or will say he feels like throwing up when in reality he just had a little gas. Yesterday it seemed as though we were in for another one of those situations where his nauseous feeling was really just a need to poop. Then I heard him yell out to me from the bathroom that he had in fact thrown up.

It was minor over all. He threw up about 4 different times over the course of the afternoon. Thankfully he was well hydrated and we have the secret tums remedy in which you chew a tums right before throwing up and right after. He was also in very good spirits.

We had a meeting with Coach Lou at Rizzo’s at 6:30. Dax felt he could go, so we headed out. The pizza place is 3 minutes away. Dax threw up on the way. Yeah, that happened. So I dropped Ken and Bobby off and Dax and I headed home. He was still pretty chipper all things considered, which made all of it so much easier. We got him all cleaned up and he and I watched some Adventure Time. I went and picked up Ken and Bobby when they were done. They brought home pizza, which Dax had some, but we only let him have a little. This was the only time in all of this that he got really upset. Poor kid.

Ken’s mouth seems much better, but he is still hurting where they had to cut the gums. Thankfully he is still not too swollen and even in the time between me getting home and us going to bed he seemed much better.
I managed to get over to the library to pick up the books I had on hold. I was good and didn’t go actually in the building past the lobby. I have like 5 books right now and I knew I didn’t need to over burden myself. I did get to be inside long enough, though, to get the full effect of how wonderful it smells in a library.

Today at 3 my mom and I go get matching ink. Yay! I am only nervous in the idea that Ken is not 100% on board with this. He likes that we are getting meaningful tattoos and that it is cool bonding, but his distaste for tattoos and disappointment that I like them is still in the back of my mind. It bums me out, but I can’t change him on this and there are plenty of things I don’t like that he does/likes so it will be ok in the end. I would love for him to be all jazzed, but it isn’t fair of me to expect this.

I need to get some curlers. I want to try curling my hair. I figure those are less harsh on my hair than a hot iron. I really wish I could do my hair in those cool forties styles, but I just don’t have enough hair right now.


No comments: