Monday, August 11, 2014

games and turtles

8-11-14

Another fantastic weekend for me!

I woke up Friday morning and felt all kinds of icky. Not sure what was going on, but I opted to call out sick. I went back to bed and ended up sleeping till almost 10. I suppose sometimes our bodies just decide it’s time to rest.

I was not too upset by this. I used the rest of my day to dictate orders to the boys for cleaning. I felt mean, but I tried to not be too bitchy about how I asked them to work on things and luckily they were mostly ok with my requests.

Dax managed to break his iPad. It isn’t completely totaled, just pretty messed up. He dropped it and the screen is now all wonky and off. This sparked an argument with Ken and I since this happened in Smart and Final and my feeling was that Dax was upset and getting angry or stern with him for dropping it wouldn’t help matters. Ken felt as though we need to be harder on Dax for these things since this isn’t the first time he has been careless with his electronics.

Saturday morning, Stephanie got to hit up the Farmer’s Market, which was fun. I tried some kind of a cherry tomato which did not taste good, but I was proud to have tried it. We were picking up some items for a salad for game night.

Game night was awesome as usual. We had a large crowd of 10, and we played Cards Against Humanity. I really enjoy these nights and hope to have more and more as time goes on. We need to find some more wacky games.

Sunday took us to see TMNT, which in my opinion was a complete waste of time. It was incredibly boring and there was too much going on at any given time to really get any sense of suspense. Dax enjoyed it, which was good since it was his pick. Bobby was indifferent, which I suppose is ok since he didn’t hate it.

The boys and I left Ken at home while we took the dogs to the dog park. Lily did quite well considering it was her first time there. We got lots of compliments on how cute my pups are and we all had a very good time. I wish there was a dog park closer to Steve since I am pretty sure I would take them more often. The dogs don’t seem to care about playing with other dogs, but I think they enjoy running around in more space.  Bobby enjoys going to watch the dogs and he is quite chatty there. Dax runs with the dogs.

Tonight is the boys’ first soccer practice. I doubt it will be too intense, but I will need to take them since Ken may be out of commission. He has his four wisdom teeth pulled this morning. In fact, I leave work at 9:30 so I can get home in time to take him since I have to drive him home after.  I now just have to come up with something to do during the two hour wait time. I think the boys and I will run over to the main Torrance library branch because I have a couple of books on hold there.

I need to work on a presentation regarding social media for the team parents meeting for soccer. Since I am in charge of Facebook and Instagram I want to get more people using them. I also want to be able to help people set up their Shutterfly accounts.

Sadly I missed an opportunity to have Ken touch up my hair. I really don’t know how long he will hurt from his teeth. I really hope not too long. He already has a hard enough time sleeping and him being in pain will not help. Not good.

Tomorrow night we have a meeting with one of the GU10 teams who doesn’t have a coach. If no one steps up, I have to write checks to refund all the players on the team. I feel bad for those kids.



No comments: