Friday, August 1, 2014

It's a Happy Friday!

8-1-14

I feel like my morning commute was trying take away my fantastic day yesterday. Too bad for the morning since I was not letting anything get me down.

Yesterday afternoon had a library visit with the boys. I wasn’t able to find the books I wanted, but I did pick up the one I reserved and the boys picked out a couple. Dax found a Pokemon one and Bobby was all excited at a giant book on evolution.

Ken was putting up shelving in the garage and it looks fantastic! I opted to go through a couple of bins and managed to get rid of a ton of stuff. While I was going through random old things, I was talking with Stephanie and we are now plotting a set up between two friends that we think would be perfect for one another. Insert maniacal laugh here.

Jimmy was on his way to his mom’s when he noted Ken and I in front of the garage so he stopped and visited for a while. It was a nice thought that we are now close to soccer folks that like to hang with us.
We watched some AGT as a family and then I got to crawl into my comfy bed. YAY! I know it all probably sounds like a boring afternoon, but it was one of those things where I got to be at home, productive, spend time with my kids, chat with friends and all of it being done by a reasonable hour so I could get to bed on time. To me, it is all fab!


My drive in included being stopped by a train for 8 minutes, police slowed freeway traffic and a crazy truck that didn’t understand that changing lanes requires a signal and not just a quick merge. This should have annoyed me, and trust me, it did, but I laughed a lot at it. I figure I was in no hurry to get to work, and it is Friday! I may try to duck out a little early since we are taking the boys to Mulligans today. It is all around a great start to my weekend!!! 

No comments: