Monday, August 4, 2014

Crazy

8-4-14

Another fab weekend on the books!

We were planning on doing the Mulligans thing on Friday but opted against it since it was so dang hot out. It worked out better to go there on Sunday since it ended up being rainy and overcast in the morning. We went in the go carts early, with only us on the track while it rained. We kept sliding out, which was so much fun! They had to close it after that for a bit to let the track dry, but we were able to go golf at this point. The park was dead when we got there so it was perfect.

I posted on Facebook that we were there so Jerry and Nicole came down with Alley which was really fun! We all spent a lot of time racing, playing laser tag and taking in another round of golf before calling it a day. All around a wonderful outing.

Saturday was an adventure in space. Ok, not us personally, but we did watch it on the screen in the form of Guardians of the Galaxy, which was fan-freaking-tastic! It was so much fun with a kick as soundtrack to boot. I gotta say, these Marvel folks are doing quite well with their flicks!

After the movie, we went over to the PetMart in Hermosa in order to pick up some mice for Hal. It is a per shop we used to go to more often when we lived closer. The owner there is a really sweet old lady. We went in and she was wandering around the shop with a tiny grey kitten. Apparently someone had dumped this baby at their shop. Poor bitty thing couldn’t have been more than 6 weeks old. She was trying to get someone to take her since they are not allowed to sell cats or dogs. Yeah, Ken was stupid for leaving Dax and I alone for a period of time in that shop since next thing you know stupid me was looking at Ken with giant saucer eyes with said kitten in my arms.

Note to my readers: I don’t want to hear any grief. Yes, I am an idiot. No, I don’t need any more damned cats. It is one of my stupid vices and I am fine with it, so move on. LOL!!

We took her over to Hermosa Animal Hospital since Dr. Steinam’s was already closed for the day. We wanted to make sure she didn’t have anything like the leukemia lest it infect our entire household. It is a quick test, so we hung out, waiting for the results while we contemplated names.

We have been on a Harry Potter kick lately, but none of the names seemed right for this little gal. We then started considering other books when it occurred to us that we have not tapped Avatar themed names. Our little bitty is now named Toph.

It was funny, we were discussing names when we ended up striking up a conversation with this woman in the waiting room. We were the only folks left since they were now closed, and she was quite pleased with our naming discussion since her kids also love Potter and Avatar. I really wish I had gotten her name or something, though, since she was there with her pup, Rex, who is 14 years old and having issues. In fact, she was there getting some opinions from the doc to determine if Rex was at the end of his life. It was very heart breaking and I understood all too well her dilemma, having just handled this with Lycos in February. I would love to check on her to see if she was ok. I know that some random stranger wouldn’t make it better, but I am hoping it would perhaps at least let her know someone was thinking of her during such a difficult time.

This week is crazy busy what with tomorrow being our block party that is part of Police Night Out. I need to whip up something for the pot luck. I think I will make a cake. I am trying to make an appointment to meet with the tattoo artist with my mom for Wednesday or Thursday afternoon, and the board meeting is Thursday night. In between, we hope to get the house ready for guests Saturday night. Stephanie is going to help me with dinner preps. We are going to hit up the Farmer’s Market Saturday morning, and get things all ready. I am excited!


No comments: