Tuesday, August 12, 2014

RIP Robin Williams

8-12-14

Finally I have a moment this morning!

I was hit hard by the death of Robin Williams. It was another one of those celebrity deaths that had me searching the internet frantically, hoping that this was just perhaps a hoax and that he hadn’t just fallen off some cliff while filming in Brazil or something wonky like that. Sadly, more and more information confirmed the truth and I was heartbroken for this incredibly talented man who was battling internal demons that finally had overwhelmed him. Netflix was failing me by having such a small selection of his movies, and I was appalled at my own lack of inventory so I ended up watching Aladdin with the family. It was nice to hear such hearty belly laughs for the Genie from both the boys, and it broke my heart at the same time that they would miss out on so much more of his talent. RIP Mr. Williams.

It was already a kind of off day. I worked for 5 hours and then returned home to take Ken to the oral surgeon for his wisdom tooth extraction. I was impressed with how quick the procedure was. The boys and I had barely been gone 30 minutes, having walked up to Albertsons for something to eat when the office called me to tell me he was done. His consultation and X-Rays before we left took longer. It did allow for us to sit in the waiting room and the boys were being very well behaved. Not only did the receptionists compliment them, but so did a woman in the waiting room with us. I was all kinds of proud.

Ken was not YouTube loopy, sadly, but he was certainly out of it. I put him in bed and the boys and I jetted off to Ralphs to get his meds and some soft foods for him. I felt like I was running in circles helping the boys and then coming in to help Ken with something. I finally sat down and started watching Breakfast Club, Toph sleeping happily on my arm. It wasn’t too long after this that the news broke about Robin Williams and I was all up in the internet.

This morning has been all about training the boss on my job. My lack of respect for him deepens on a daily basis now, and today has it at an all time low. He truly has no understanding of the standard workings of our department and the internal grumblings have been loud. It is a shame that none of these people will ever challenge him on things, so instead I have to just continue to do my thing knowing that he is an idiot that gets paid way more than he should.

The tattoo decision has been made and now I just need to make an appointment since my mom has graciously offered to pay for the ink. I was hoping to do it this week, but quite honestly things are quite crazy. I am going to touch base with Ken today and perhaps Teri at So Cal Tattoo has time tomorrow right after I get off work.

We didn’t have our first soccer practice last night as originally expected, and tonight there is no longer the meeting with the other team. However, there is a possible team meeting with our team. I also have to meet up with Jerry for some important checks that need to go out.

I also still need to get a cake for Dax for Saturday, which is a whole other sad for me since I only have one confirmed kid. Dylan and Taylor can’t make it now, and only one kid from his class emailed back. His friend Max may be out of town. I am hoping to maybe invite his soccer team, but that is so last minute, I am unsure as to how many of them can show. Cross fingers because I really want him to have a good day.


Now to just make it through the 2 hours and 15 minutes I have left here. Oh, and I still have to get over to the library! Sheesh, I feel very stretched today. 

No comments: