Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Ice Ice Baby

8-19-14

It was only a matter of time before I got called out for the ice bucket challenge.

I have 48 hours (now closer to like 32) to post my response. I have my idea so I will have to make it happen this afternoon. Should be entertaining, and quite freaking cold.

Dax chose Hometown Buffet for dinner, which was ok I suppose. There were some amazing things I ate there, but overall the experience there seems to get worse and worse. They were out of cups, ice and just overall under-prepared for customers, despite having been open for at least an hour when we got there. That being said, Dax was thrilled, so all is right.

My poor Toph is suffering from a cold. Luckily she still has an appetite and I did get her to play a bit, but she is clearly tired and snot nosed. Poor baby. It makes me sad, and I have to admit, nervous. With Trixie having died so suddenly, it freaks me out the idea of Toph being seriously ill.

The boys have practice today. I know Dax is jazzed about it. I am excited since they pick a team name today. Yay! I will know tonight what fun outfit I will need to put together as head cheerleader of their team.
Bobby needs these practices. I don’t think he is fat or anything, but you can tell he pudged up a smidge over the summer. Despite pool time, there was a lot of computer and sitting around time that catches up with you. Not saying I don’t suffer from this also, but if I can help Bobby get away from it at this level he won’t end up like his mother.

Thankfully, for the sake of my nerves, the boss doesn’t come in until close to 11 today. It means he will be too busy going through email and voicemails to bother with us pee-ons. His recent micro-management kick has me all kinds of frustrated. I noticed my hand has been even more twitchy than normal. If I could take a hit here at work I totally would. I just think it would be bad to be even slightly stoned at work. It does mean I will be partaking in the stuff later.

I get to go see Dear Brave Sarah this evening. We are meeting up at Party City since she wants to get some candy for the party bags she made for her mom’s 70th birthday bash this weekend. I have fond memories of her mother so I like being able to help if even only in the idea of just being company with her daughter while she shops. Plus, I may need to pick up some items for my mama so she has  more things for her magic pocket that the boys depend on.

I need to get off my ass and start selling these raffle tickets for the team. Sheesh! I have only sold 5. I have time, but I figure the more I sell the better for my region.


I suppose I should work. 

No comments: