Thursday, August 7, 2014

Desk cleaning

8-7-14

I was productive!

When I got home yesterday, I managed to not only clean the kitchen desk, I scrubbed some of the kitchen, cleaned out my jewelry and makeup from the bathroom and even managed to clean part of my closet. I also put together a large bag of Savers shoes. Woo hoo!

The boys were pretty indifferent to my being home and only seemed to interact with me when I had them do a small chore. After I cleaned for a few hours, I opted to sit on the couch and watch Ghostbusters. It is nice that the sounds of that movie can penetrate even the most zoned out video game zombie.

Sissy has finally come to terms with the fact that she and Toph are destined to be buddies. They were curled up together next to me yesterday while Ken and I watched House. It was so sweet and it made me happy that they both were bonding.

Sigh, it looks as though I will be dealing with some idiots today. I have an email response to my request regarding the mailing of invoices to cash customers. I have mostly stopped rocking the boat around here because it is sometimes easier to just float along. The problem is I get too frustrated with people not thinking so I end up speaking up and it is at that time that I note just how many people don’t really bother to reconsider procedures when they are clearly making more work than they need to.


No comments: