Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Cops and Idiots

8-6-14

I feel so wired!

We went to the National Night Out block gathering last night and I am so glad we did. I was impressed with how many officers showed up and from all different segments of the TPD. We were able to voice some complaints, specifically about the complete disregard for the stop sign on our corner at night. The officers were awesome and assured us they would send out some patrol to crack down on it. It was nice to see a couple of neighbors and to be part of the community. Ken also got to watch my awesome listening skills where I can make the person talking to the crowd only talk to me. It was pretty fun.

We were able to hit up Costco AND I got to clean my desk. I organized some soccer paperwork and got things looking good. I am excited about my kitchen desk project slated for this afternoon. Ken is at classes today and I tend to work on those sort of things better when he isn’t around. I think he just distracts me.
I have to leave a little early today since Ken actually has class earlier than he realized. I am going to head out at 11, which isn’t too bad since it is only a couple hours before I leave normally. It also means I can work on more projects around the house.

The last two days of work have been filled with full on face palms due to the sheer stupidity I have been dealing with. My manager sent me an email in a panic asking me to review the goals for me. He didn’t send the attachment. Then, when I read through them I noted that in 4 goals, he repeated 2 of them. Sigh. Oh, and not to mention my coworker bringing me a screen print of the system text and asking me if it was my handwriting. I really worry about the human race when I deal with people like this.

Yay! I got at least one of Dax’s classmates coming to his party. Jaylynn is coming. Woo hoo! I really hope Max can come since I know how much Dax would like him to. Bouncer has been reserved, and hopefully on Sunday and much of next week we can get the outside in order for the kids. I know he is counting down until his birthday.


No comments: