Friday, March 12, 2010

is the day done?

3-12-10


I am quite thrilled that it is Friday. I am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. I am looking forward to watching one of the movies we rented tonight. And I get Glee tomorrow!!!! Woo Hoo!

I realize now that there will be no real sleeping in. I want to hit up some yard sales for kids jeans. There is a rummage sale benefiting some kind of cancer research in Torrance which may prove to be lucrative. And really, the best time to go to these sales is early. I may need to remind Ken in a bit to pick up some cash for the adventure. Luckily, I saw in the Penny Saver a couple of other large Torrance sales, so we can hit them all up to see what we can find.

I love that Monarch sleeps on Bobby until we go to bed. He sleeps up close to Bobby’s head and is content in there until he hears the house shut down and he knows I am in bed (he still likes to sleep on my feet). Bobby may have gotten the Doctor Doolittle gene what with Lycos preferring it in his room, also. Ittles would sleep in there, too, if Monarch didn’t already claim the room. She used to sleep in there until Monarch decided that he should be the one in there.

I have way too much on my mind this morning when it comes to planning. I was keeping it as a surprise from Ken, but I don’t know that I will be able to since I think I need his help.

Sigh. They changed the network drives at work and the chick next to me is all frustrated since she can’t find anything. Mind you, she has barely looked, but even so, she is all pissy. I am torn between feeling annoyed with her since she is whiny, or feeling bad for her since the dude doing this whole change fucked up how he did it and didn’t explain the changes properly to the less than tech savvy folks that work here.

I really wish my dog and my cat liked each other. Actually, let me clarify. Luna really likes Monarch. She would be more than happy to play with Monarch. Monarch, on the other hand, would really like to shred Luna’s face.

Ok, I had to let the cat out of the bag with Ken. LOL! Ken is turning 40 next month. I talked with Andy about it and we decided that we would come up on his birthday weekend. Luckily, we can both take off that Friday, and Papa Brenan is going to fly the four of us up so there is no driving hassle. I had to touch base with Ken to check his schedule, to see about setting up Chris to watch the dogs and just general packing. It will be a good trip I think. There is a singing performance by Ken’s mom on Saturday night which she is quite tickled that we will all be there. With us flying, it gives us all of Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We do have a little travel stress, but it will eliminate a good 8 hours of travel time. Heck, if we can swing it, we might even leave Thursday night so that we don’t have to travel Friday. I also needed Ken’s help when it comes to packing. Obviously we have to check things like the car seats. We will have to lug the seats and luggage from the car to the shuttle and from the shuttle to the check in line, but other than that, not too far. However, that might be a bit of a hassle what with the boys in tow. We will make do. We managed to do it with a kid with a broken leg, so how hard can it be, right? I am just over thinking it. The good news, too, is it is a super short flight. Of course, my other concern, which might not come up, is my fatness. What with the recent Kevin Smith/Southwest fiasco, I could have problems. The one thing going for me is we have pre boarding due to kids, so if I am sitting next to my kid and the window, no one can complain about me spilling over on to their side. Plus, if I had to sit in the middle, I could easily have the kids sit on either side of me and Ken would just sit behind us or something like that. Either way, I am planning on busting my ass the next 45 days so that perhaps I can drop some pounds before the trip. I know I can’t lose enough to make a huge difference, but I am ok with any difference.

Keeping busy this morning with accounts. It has been good to really work. Although, I would have liked if the day was progressing at a much quicker rate.

I have been considering a tattoo of a star on the back of my neck. Of course, this is to represent me being a rock star. LOL! Any hoo, all jokes aside, I do like the look of it. I am thinking a 2 inch star, with slightly rounded edges in a deep red color outlines in black. Of course, this is one of those things I will need to run by Ken. I know he isn’t going to tell me no or anything, but more specifically, I want to make sure it won’t be such a huge turn off that he avoids my neck entirely. Trust me when I say this would be a real downer.

I wanted to get a tattoo for my birthday, but I think that I will wait and use it as a reward if I lose weight. Don’t want to get something inked on an area that will end up shrinking, right? I think if I can lose 60 pounds, I am allowed to get the neck tat. If I lose another 40 pounds, the Mommy Cat one can go on my wrist. Hmm..I can even save up for the ink by putting the money I would spend on things like fast food into a jar. LOL!

No comments: