Friday, March 19, 2010

karma

3-19-10

It is after 7 and this is the first time this morning that I have really sat down at my computer.

I got into work and realized that 3 people were in a seminar this morning. Awesome. Then, another coworker is here early, so she and I ended up talking for a while since we had the freedom to do so with no one else here. Then I had to take my computer from home to the IT guy so they could set me up with the away from work access. So it has been a busy morning that wasn’t really busy. LOL!

Ok, I just heard the description on Repo Man on the radio. Holy hell, that sounds awesome. Body organs that are repossessed when you can’t keep up with payments? Come on!! That rules!

My day is going to be long. I don’t have much in the way of work to tend to this morning. I am not going to my folks this afternoon since they are out of town this weekend. I think that we will go to dinner with the boys some place. Maybe just McDonalds so they can run and we can vege out. Then again, maybe we will just pick something up so we can be at home. I want to watch a movie tonight, so I don’t want to be all exhausted so that I don’t feel up to it.

Bobby finally decided I suck. Yesterday when we got home from daycare, he asks me if he could play the Wii. I told him no and as he is walking off to his room, he mumbles, “Mom you’re stupid.” I told him to come back and tell me what he said. He must have known he screwed up, but at the same time, I was impressed that he held his ground. He tells me, “I want a new mom.” I knew this day would come, but honestly, I thought it would hurt more. In fact, I found it amusing. So I told him, very calmly, to go to his room. He didn’t fight me on this. I was shocked. He closed his door and at this point Dax exercised the “fuck up, suck up” rule. This simply meaning, when one brother fucks up, the other does his best to suck up to mommy. Dax, in his cutest voice ever, says to me, “Mommy, you know what?” “What, sweetie?” “I love you!” Seriously, too funny!

Dax went outside to play, so I went into Bobby’s room all calm. I knew he didn’t really want a new mom. I knew he didn’t hate me. I knew he was frustrated. What I did need to explain to him was that his words can be hurtful. I pointed out that when he does stuff wrong, I don’t say I need a new kid. He didn’t seem to care. In fact, at one point I asked him if he cared that he hurt my feelings. He said he did not.

I know that he was just testing the waters. So I decided to play Wii with Dax. Dax and I played and I told Bobby he could not play at all. He was pretty upset. I explained that since he didn’t care about my feelings, I didn’t need to let him play anything. He then asks me, “Are your feelings going to be hurt forever?” He wasn’t upset in the idea of sad so much as frustrated. LOL! Silly kid.

After Ken got home and there was some more talk, Bobby did end up apologizing. I didn’t prompt him on what to say, either. He actually said he was sorry and that I was his favorite mom and that he didn’t want anyone else. I went ahead and let him play some Wii for 10 minutes. It is fun being a mom! Truly, it is cool to be able to teach lessons and feelings. Frustrating at times, but last night was really entertaining.

I ended up chatting with an old friend last night which turned into a phone call. I ended up saying good night to the boys afterwards since I was on the phone during normal story time. Luckily, both kids were super sweet when I came in and didn’t give me shit for not being there earlier.

Tomorrow we are going to Sabrina’s talent show for her preschool. I think it will be a lot of fun. It is from 2 to 5. We need to do some grocery shopping this weekend along with some general chores. I think Sunday we are going to hit up Disneyland, which will be a good weekend all around.

I just got done working on a project. Always cool to have something like that on a Friday simply because it makes the time go by quickly. The project was split up between 4 people so I did mine and the other girl here’s part. I figure it took me like 15 minutes, where it would have taken her all day. She was quite grateful.

Perhaps Karma does exist. My coworker here that I am fond of and one I always help out with things told me today that she has some money coming her way for something. I don’t know what it is from or for even how much. All I know is she told me she is giving me some of it! Wow! She told me she knows how hard I work on everything and appreciates that I have always helped her out over the years. She wanted to do something nice for me. How crazy is that??? I am quite grateful just because hell, someone giving me $20 is nice, right?

On top of that, she is talking about retiring in the next couple months. Part of her retirement, she is hoping to convince the boss to bring back Tammy to take her place when she leaves. Do you know how happy I would be???? Tammy would be thrilled, too. Of course, we don’t know if any of this could happen or when, but just the idea of it has me all kinds of pleased.

I am walking around without my ace bandage today. I am pleased to report that even after doing some more aerobic based Wii last night, I don’t hurt much. It is a little tender, and in reality, I should probably be wearing it. But since I am sitting all day, I figure I will be ok. I know I will wear it on Sunday.

No comments: