Monday, March 8, 2010

quiet

3-8-10

It is entirely my fault that I am this tired. I could have taken a nap yesterday when I was nodding off in the afternoon while watching some tv. I also am the one who chose to stay up to watch the Oscars. The Oscars were actually totally worth it. I enjoyed them very much and even though I have not seen all the films nominated, I know enough about them to know who to route for.

What is actually most amusing about the exhaustion I have going for me today is I swear, I did nothing over this weekend. On Saturday, we did manager to get out of the house for a little bit when we went to the book event at the mall. I was incredibly disappointed in the whole thing. The boys were mostly interested in running around on the giant mat that was there for the kids to listen to someone read a story. Ken and I ended up making them their book markers and gathered the coloring sheets for them.

Radio Disney was there and they SUCKED. They did some games that were clearly geared more towards kids who were tween aged. Of course, I suppose it makes some sense in the idea that this was trying to get kids to read more, and why not target kids who can read. But in reality, the kids you want to hit up are the ones who are only just learning to read.

One of the games was hot potato. So all the kids there, about 20 or so, made a circle. This little bitch tried to kind of squeeze Dax out. I was not having it. I actually pulled this kid back and instructed her to let my son in the circle. She looked like she really didn’t know what to do with me. This girl was probably 10, so thankfully I didn’t see any parent coming up to me to tell me to stop man handling her kid. Especially good since I had already pissed off this other mom when Bobby accidentally cut her off when he was running over to me. She glared at me the whole time. Bitch.

Luckily, the boys didn’t see the crappy organization. They were incredibly tired, though. Their cranky was frustrating on in the idea that my plan was to let them pick out some crafts to do from JoAnn’s and they were just not having it. We took them home and nap time was good. They slept for like 3 hours each!

The rest of the day was just lounging around. We played out back, Ken and I watched District 9 which was quite good. We did some video chatting with the Brenan Compound for Lyn’s birthday, which was fun. It was mellow, which I have to admit made me a little stir crazy.

I needed to take it easy, though. On Friday I had gone to the doctor about my foot. It turned out that my foot wasn’t injured. It was actually my ankle. I got to see the awesome doc that I saw for my Effexor, and he was still incredible. Super nice, great with the kids and just all around fun. He checked my ankle and told me that I had the most common ankle injury and it will just take time to heal. He wanted me to take it easy and he was very excited about this brace he had that he felt would help me. He came in with it all jazzed because my insurance covered it. It looked cool, and when he put it on, it did help. But the problem was I was never able to reproduce how he put it on. It kept digging into my foot on Saturday and since you have to wear it with tennis shoes, it didn’t do much if I was barefoot around the house. Come Sunday, the bottom stirrup had broken, which seemed pretty lame. Ken repaired it somewhat, but it didn’t do enough to make it comfortable. Today I am wearing high ankle boots in the hopes that instead of the brace, these will provide enough support. My ankle hurts, but it is reasonable. I am mostly sitting all day aside from bathroom runs and I do have to go to the other building for a meeting this morning. I should be ok.

Sunday was interesting.

Bowling was one of those bad times for Matt. Ken had changed a score for Bobby on the screen, which sent Matt into a tail spin. Truly, though, I think bowling sends him into a tail spin. He was picking a fight long before that with a number of things. Either way, Matt ended up pissing off my folks something fierce. He fought with them, he swore, he yelled, he did everything crazy. I was not bowling because of my ankle, so I pretty much stayed away from all of it. I hung out with the boys. My mom looked frustrated, so I didn’t really even talk to her much. At the end of our 3 games, Matt was insisting on bowling more. When I left, my dad was pretty much telling Matt if he didn’t pack up and if he threw a ball it would cost him $100. Very crazy all around.

We went to Target after bowling and then the grocery store. After that it was time to sit around some more at home. The boys were clearly recovering from exhaustion and proceeded to have another long nap.

The afternoon was mellow. I made a chocolate pie since Bobby had been asking me for one for some time now. I made dinner while the boys and Ken played out back. I did manage to at least bathe Luna, but ultimately, aside from my cooking adventures, I felt very unproductive.

My house does need some straightening up today. Plus, I really should work on some laundry. I am going to try to do some light Wii this afternoon. I can’t do things like aerobics because of my ankle, but yoga and strength training should be ok. Ken is home today, which means he will end up taking care of the kitchen for me so really, I don’t have too much to work on.

In one of the sweetest moments of the weekend I present Bobby and his stuffed animal, Carson. Carson is this little tiger he loves that had gone missing last week. In all fairness, a lot of stuff went missing in his room because of the sea of balloons. I had looked for Carson several times but was unsuccessful. Finally, Saturday night I discovered him. I quickly shoved him under my shirt. Bobby had crawled into bed and I was ready to read his bedtime story. He has a book called, “Who’s Afraid of Tigers”. I pulled that out and he says to me very sadly, “I don’t have any tigers anymore.” I told him we should read the book anyway. I managed to hide Carson behind the book and when I closed the book, there he sat. Bobby lit up and could hardly contain himself he was so happy. He quickly snuggled up with his friend and fell asleep quickly. When I got him up Sunday morning, he was still clutching on to Carson. It was very sweet.

We got him a tiny tiger to give to Carson, and I attached it to a collar on Caron and Bobby was still thrilled. It was a good tiger weekend!

I am having a great deal of problems staying awake this morning. I need to get up and walk around!

I need to go up to the school today to see when registration is. I also emailed AYSO to sign Bobby up for soccer. I think we have decided to not move Bobby into preschool since his daycare is technically preschool. The doctor was actually impressed with how well he was doing and even said he was ahead of most kids his age. The one thing we needed him to work on was socializing with other kids, so soccer may be the perfect way to do that. Hopefully I am early enough to get him signed up.

Looks like my meeting this morning is canceled. This is a good thing if only because now I don’t have to walk over there.

That seems promising for my future here. My boss just told me he would like me set up to have access to the system from home. It would be for emergency situations over the weekend where perhaps an order needs to go out right away. I don’t have a problem with this. So they will I guess set me up. Interesting all around.

Ok, it isn’t as interesting as I had hoped. We had a situation over the weekend where they needed something released and for some reason, the handful of folks who normally release it were not around. So now they are adding me and someone else on the list just to have even more backups in place. So although it is good that I get access, it doesn’t mean I am special. Oh well.

No comments: