Thursday, March 18, 2010

rockin day

3-18-10

What a truly fantastic day!

I got to sleep in a smidge which is always a good thing. I helped get my boys ready for their day, making sure they each had green so they would avoid pinching. Ken was able to get out to his class without having to worry about the kids. I then walked them over to Maria’s and both were chipper and didn’t cry at all. It was cool!

I met up with Stephanie at 9 at the King’s Hawaiian restaurant for breakfast. I have decided I really like that place. I have only been twice, but both times I was pleasantly surprised with the food. My French Toast could have been cooked a little longer, but it was still yummy.

Stephanie and I don’t get to visit much in real life sans kids, so what a nice treat to have a couple of hours of chit chat. I am pretty sure we had the waitress convinced that we were heading out for a day of partying, which was extremely strange being that I don’t know where she got this idea. It was still entertaining!

We left my car and headed over together to the dermatologist appt. Did you know there was a hospital in Gardena? I certainly did not. It looked straight out of a 70’s show. It was kind of cool.

The doctor’s office was in the medical building next door. We were in Stephanie’s giant truck which apparently is bigger than all vehicles that tend to travel in Gardena since their parking structures did not cater to anything bigger than a Jetta. We exited the structure and headed back down Redondo Beach Blvd to possibly use the parking lot for the hospital. Stephanie almost turned onto the sidewalk instead of the driveway. It was hysterical, mostly because I was shocked at how calm I was. I think that it occurred to me that since we were in a big truck that perhaps this was ok. LOL! We both were having way too much fun with all of the parking adventures and ended up parking over at the Church’s chicken.

The appt was quick! The cool doc told her that really, cutting it out would produce more scar tissue. So instead, he suggested a shot of cortisone in order to hopefully shrink it. You would think that would hurt like hell, but this guy rocked. She didn’t even feel the shot! So cool! Stephanie took full advantage of being in a dermatologist’s office and was able to ask a handful of questions on other items. He was so cool about it! For such a run down looking place, he was truly a good doc. I was impressed!

She took me back to my car and I headed home. When I got there, I helped Ken reproduce a listing of our financial responsibilities. Ken was heading over to a meeting with a finance guy to discuss our 5 year plan on everything from getting out of debt to getting a new house. It turned out to be an excellent meeting, which gave us a lot of good advice and plans on what we needed to accomplish. I am feeling pretty positive about all of it!

After Ken headed out, I was able to just chill. It was too hot to do much else! I finished my movie, Temple Grandin, which was truly a remarkable story. I also got to watch 90210. YAY!

I got the boys and Dax suggested we play in the pool again. I was more than happy to make this happen. The boys stripped down to their skivvies (I am quite pleased that they are now familiar with this word) and the boys and Luna enjoyed me hosing them off and playing water fun. Lycos, of course, stood all nervous on the back porch. My poor wussy pup.

The funniest thing they were doing came kind of on accident. Dax was all pleased with himself when he was leaving foot prints from his wet feet on one of the lawn chairs. I pointed out that he could do those prints on the wall. I then pointed out that he could do also do butt prints. Both boys found this endlessly amusing. They would sit in the pool, then run to the wall, press up against it, then step away, laughing at their butt print. I am so proud.

We had a nice mellow evening and I even got to bed at a reasonable hour. Of course, this was not before we tired out the dog.

The last two nights, we have been having fun with Luna. Turns out, she likes the laser even more than the cats. Nothing better than a pup chasing a little red dot. At first, we just did it in the living room. Then the kitchen. At one point, we got her spinning in circles so much, she actually fell over. We then took it outside. Pup plus laser equals magic. She ran all over the yard to the point where when we were done, she was exhausted. She inhaled gobs of water and then collapsed into a pile. She was so happy! It was awesome! We may end up doing this more since she is getting her exercise, and seems to really have a good time. If only Lycos was interested!

1 comment:

Potluck said...

LOL - I am still a little mortified that I almost drove onto the sidewalk. If there weren't those two pylon things sticking up, I am sure I could have jumped the curb easily. You may not even of noticed.

That's the beauty of the big truck.

Thanks for going with me. I am sure I'd of been a wreck navigating through all that without someone there to make me laugh about it.