Monday, October 18, 2010

Cough, sniffle, cough, sniffle

10-18-10




I feel like shit.



I would like nothing more than to be back in bed. This probably will not happen until this evening. Of course, I could go home sick, but I will tough it out as long as I can. I just need to be better by Friday, which is the busy day for me.



I am cold, then I am hot. I hate this.



The weekend was good, thankfully. We made monster cupcakes for the soccer game. Truly, though, we are wasting our creativity on kids who just want to shove the food in their mouth, not admire it.



We took the boys to my parents house around 1:30 on Saturday. Since Dax’s hand appt went well, it seems that my mom was ok with him staying. So we were kid free from about 2 till 7 the next morning. It was pretty glorious.



We had lunch at PF Changs. Ken said that it was a good thing for us to spend some money on us, so my date day ideas came true. We also went and saw Easy A, which was fantastic. Love love loved it.



The movie was done at 6:30, which showed how kind of lame we are. We really didn’t know what to do with ourselves. LOL! We ended up going to various Halloween shops and had a blast with jokes. We hit up Pleasure Island and then to Islands to have some cheese fries and a Mai Tai before heading home to crash. I was exhausted, and feeling the sick take hold.



The soccer game Saturday morning was fun, but seriously, if the fucking coach gave me the pneumonia she has, I will be pissed.



Sunday was a mellow day. We went bowling and got the kids. It was a fun morning until we headed home, where we noted just how cranky tired the boys were. For the first time in what seems like forever, we put the boys down for a nap. And not only did they go to nap, they actually napped, for a couple hours! YAY! It meant Ken and I could vege out and watch House.



Side note, House should win all the emmys for drama. Nuff said.



Once the boys got up, we did as promised and gathered a crap load of hot wheels cars and had the boys take them up to the play house and drive them all down the slide. This was way happy making for them.



We cleaned up the yard a bit for rain purposes, and tired out the dogs with play. I also made a batch of my chicken noodle soup.



I am pleased with this batch of soup. The cool pot that Ken got me worked wonderful, keeping all noodles from burning. Plus, the boys not only asked for seconds, but thirds, which NEVER happens. YAY!!!!!



Too bad it isn’t making me feel any better this morning.



I didn’t sleep well. I got to bed at 8:15, full of Nyquil. I know I slept for a couple hours. I woke up around 11 to find Ken watching M*A*S*H and I think on the computer. I went to the bathroom and went back to sleep. I woke up several times, very uncomfortable. Either too hot or too cold, I just couldn’t find the “just right”.



Then there was the snoring.



Ken, who I am sure is also due to get sick since the boys have a slight version of whatever I have, fell asleep on his back. This caused monster snoring. Normally, I don’t care. Hell, most of the time I sleep right through it. But for some reason last night I was unable to tune it out.



The snoring and temperature issues finally subsided around 3 am. Yes, this let me have just over an hour left of sleep. I was so upset at the alarm.



I predict my voice will be a distant memory by the end of the week. My throat hurts like hell.



So tired, so weak feeling. Can I go home and sleep?



The technician cut away more skin from Dax’s hand. He was fine up until they got to one part where it is worse. It even bled, which I think freaked out Dax more than any pain. Either way, I had to lie him on the exam bed and hold him while they cut the rest away, including using a pair of tweezers to pull the blisters off his fingers. I am telling you, I almost fainted. It was the same sensation I get when I watch the scene in poltergeist where the guy pulls off his face. It is a wonder I held it together.



His hand looks good, though. Very pink in places, which means it is healing well. I wish I could actually see the doctor this morning as I have yet to actually talk to him. Friday was just pulling skin, no doctor face time.



Ok, if I am going to make it through today, I need to try to work.

No comments: