Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I want a promotion! LOL!

10-5-10




Last night was the best in terms of comfy sleeping. It was so nice for it to finally be cold. I didn’t even need the fan on all night, and if anything, I actually slept more with the covers on then off! I was pissed when the alarm went off. I could have stayed there for a couple more hours. YAY FALL!



Actually, yesterday was pretty good. A hectic, stressful day at work, but nothing bad. I got home and Dax had hung out with Ken all day, which was cool. Dax, Ken and I walked up to get Bobby. It was drizzling out, so it was the best walking weather ever.



Bobby’s teacher seems convinced that Bobby’s “issues” in class are fixable and that this is all just a matter of getting used to rules. I have been reassured by several moms that this is the case as well, so I am not as upset about it. I wish he would settle more, but the teacher says he is smart and that in about 2 months we will see a huge difference.



Bobby did have some resistance to doing homework, but we think the problem was he was tired and hungry. I need to make sure to have a snack for him before homework is done.



Dax had decided he wanted Mac and Cheese for dinner. Ken had not realized when he and Dax were at the store that we had no butter. So Dax and I headed out to get some while Bobby and Ken did homework.



We get home and I start prepping for the dinner when I note that we don’t have any Mac and Cheese. It was comical, really. So Ken ran and got some. LOL!



I also made the boys Vienna sausages since we had to pick up some canned meat for their emergency packs for school. We wanted to make sure they liked them. They wolfed them down. Baby hot dogs!



I got to make hot chocolate, which I always love to do. Something about rainy days and making it make me happy. It reminds me of when my mom would make it.



I am getting tired of these stupid cold sores. Ok, I don’t get them that often, but when I do, I hate them.



I have yet another busy day ahead of me. Meetings and projects at work, and then when I leave work I have to get Dax, then go retrieve Bobby from Ken, and then get them to my parents’ house. I then have to get home and walk up to the school for Back to School night. The first part of that is the principal talking, which also will cover PTA, which I am interesting in being a part of. Next, is the presentation by Bobby’s teacher. Dax’s teacher said there is nothing on her end, but I think I may at least stop to see if she is there. Although, Ken is going to be in Dax’s class this morning, so he may get to see how he is doing just from that.



I am telling you, the people in charge of Halloween decorations this year in the stores must have known I was in the mood for them. I have seen more sparkly skulls then I know what to do with! I am all kinds of happy.



I think that the next time they have a parent volunteer for Dax’s class, I want to go.



I am excited as it says it is supposed to rain tomorrow!



It is odd that I am excited at the prospect of being part of the PTA?



I had dreams last night where I fed giant fish and dolphins. It was some weird lagoon. I also was late picking up Bobby from school, but it was ok since Dax went and got him for me.

No comments: