Monday, October 4, 2010

Does life ever slow down?

10-4-10




I think I am recovering from my mini breakdown last night. I think the stress of the boys’ schooling is getting to me.



We had an active weekend. From Friday to last night, I seemed to be running around a lot.



Bobby’s game on Saturday was freaking awesome! First off, the other team was actually worse than our boys. But not only that, our team did truly amazing on Saturday. They all were hustling and really doing well. Bobby did great and really got in there. It was the first time I really saw him play. I mean, before he kind of bumbled along, but this was honest to goodness soccer playing. It was so wonderful to see him have so much fun. Plus, I loved that even though he wasn’t the one scoring the goals, he was just as excited when anyone on his team scored. It was great team spirit.



Saturday afternoon was spent doing yard work and laundry. We took down the pool and moved some of the wood chips that were under the pool over to our muddy spots in the yard. The boys actually did that part. Ken and I dug up the chips for them to put into buckets and then had them take the buckets and dump them.



When the boys were being rotten, I made them do chores. It seemed to calm everyone down. They liked being helpful, I liked not having to do some of the chores, and everyone wins. They took out recycling, they put away their own laundry, and helped me with the living room.



Saturday evening, while Ken did sets for the Sunday birthday party, we watched Kick Ass. Fun movie, but not nearly as light hearted as I expected. It was nice to just sit and relax for a couple of hours.



Sunday morning, I got up around 4 to pee. As I am in the bathroom, Ittles decides that she needs to be uber affectionate with me. It was odd. Then, Luna starts full on barking, and Lycos started groaning. I crawl back into bed after scolding them and Monarch starts licking my hand. It was all odd and crazy and I was sure that we were in store for an earthquake.



These critters have continued this through this morning with me. Perhaps I am dying?



It is picture day today for the kids. I picked out good outfits for them and hopefully they smile all good. We cut Dax’s hair on Saturday night. He wanted it cut and we used the Flowbee. It made an actually pretty good cut. I am super impressed with this thing. We also did Bobby’s hair. I am sure they will look awesome.



We went to the Hometown Fair for a bit yesterday afternoon. It was packed! On the plus side, it was not hot, so it was not too bad. The boys played in the kids area and we let them play one of the many “Pick a Duck” games, where they both won light sabers. Happiness everywhere. LOL!



Ken is going today to get me some fabric for my costume and is sending it up to my MIL so she can make me the nightgown. Super awesomeness! It means I will have a comfy outfit and I will even have something that I can wear later around the house.



They switched the system over at work before all the testing was complete. So this morning will be hectic. I also have a meeting this morning. I hope the day is good.



Tomorrow is hectic for sure. After work I need to take the boys to my parents’ house as they will be watching them while we are at Back to School night. Then after that, I need to go get them. Luckily my parents have agreed to feed them so I really only have to pick them up and not be too stressed. I may take their homework over so my mom can help them do it. Don’t know yet. I have to see what the homework is. I may just have them do tomorrow night’s tonight.



Crud, Lots of work all of the sudden.

No comments: