Friday, October 8, 2010

sickly

10-8-10




I want to be home right now. I am tired and icky. I have a headache, too.



I played hooky yesterday. For a couple of reasons, really. One, my stomach wasn’t happy with me. Two, I didn’t want to do inventory. It was on principal. Either way, I lasted all of 15 minutes here at work. I then headed home.



I was clearly fucked up the household dynamic by being home. Dax came out of the bathroom at 6 and saw me so started talking to me. He is a morning person very much like myself. Ken came out in full gruffy papa bear mode and sent him back to bed. This did not go over well with the bear cub. He screamed and screamed and as a result of this, it woke up Bobby, who was less than thrilled with being awake already. There was screaming and crying and growling coming from their room. Ken and the boys, all three trying to function. I finally went into the room, met with growls and what seemed like complete anger. I attempted to diffuse the situation and sent Ken on his way.



Luckily, they both calmed down and Ken just went into his normal silent morning mode. The boys were fed and the boys asked if I would walk them to school. They didn’t want Ken to go. I think it was just the novelty of mommy being home.



It was really cool to watch them both go to class. Dax, trotting off without a care in the world, all smiles. Bobby, headed to his line with no tears, but clearly not letting us out of his sight until he was led into the classroom. Ken told me that he isn’t allowed to walk away as Bobby will get upset.



The 2 hours or so between drop off and Dax pick up were spent doing some light housework. I was still walking on eggshells as Ken just doesn’t seem to ike it when I disrupt the routine. The irony here is that he is the one who is more flexible.



We went and got Dax, marking mile number 2 of my walking for yesterday. We got to watch Bobby go to snack/.recess on the playground on the way home. It is cute to see him in his world.



Dax went to Maria’s with no fuss, which impressed the shit out of me.



I then was able to sit and vege out. I ate some lunch and watched 90210 and Parenthood. I also watched some shows with Ken. It was nice to sit.



Ken headed to class and I took Luna with me to walk mile number 3 to go pick up Bobby. Luna did ok. I didn’t implement the full strict walking with Luna, but I did train her on not pulling the leash. This compromise seemed to work well. She was a little goofy at the school in wanting to say hello to everyone, but she managed. She gave Bobby a big kiss when he came up.



I worked with Bobby on his homework and we got his 7 bears drawn and colored. He is doing really well with his numbers. He is also sounding out words when he sees them, so it is really neat to see him actually working on reading.



I went into the closet in the boys’ room to see if I could find some books to donate. I found the box of Mr. Potato Head stuff. I thought that might be good to donate to Dax’s class. In the box, though, was Woody’s Hat! It was very exciting as it has been missing for some time now.



The boys played with the Potato Heads for a while, and then I made dinner while they watched You Tube Videos of books being read. Who knew that would be so mesmerizing.



After dinner, we all went out back and pulled vines out of the tree. Our hedge is growing up and around our tree. It is not cool. We constantly pull them. The plan is to remove this hedge and replace it with bamboo. The boys love it when we remove a lot of vines because they have, as Bobby has dubbed it, a “Leaf Party”.



Bubble baths and pudding ended the evening. I actually crawled into bed at 7:45. I had to take some Ibuprofen because my ankle was really unhappy with me. It was quite swollen. Apparently walking 3 miles along with any other activities I did are not exactly recommended for someone with a still sprained ankle. It still is unhappy with me.



Thank goodness my 9 am meeting was postponed.



Now I am nervous. Maryann told me that the whole department was already spoken to about their raises. I have not been. Wonderful. I don’t know if that means I don’t get one or what. She tells me I have to be getting one. I don’t think that is how it works, but either way, I am freaking out. If he doesn’t talk to me today, I have to assume I don’t get one and that my proposal was rejected. Not cool. Oh well. Whatcha gonna do, right?



The worry of this on top of being sick is bumming me out. I need to bury myself in work.

No comments: