Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mummies are just Fancy Zombies

10-28-10




I didn’t blog yesterday since it was crazy all day. Plus, I had a hot mask on. LOL!



I dressed up, and my costume was awesome. I did not win. The politics of this place only gave prizes to whole departments who dressed up. Trust me when I say I was pretty upset. But I will live. It wasn’t winning, it was the fact that they don’t encourage you if you are an individual.



One girl was a Facebook Status Update, which was hysterical.



I am tired today, what a shock. Not as much as yesterday, though.



My work is now questioning whether or not I can come in early. Yes, it took 2 fucking months for them to see it, but whatever. I told them I would be leaving at 1:45, so they have to deal with when I come in. There is some ancient rule in which you cannot be working in the building before 6 without a manager. I pointed out there are people in the building and that I don’t even open up, and when I do, all the management seems cool with me having a key and an alarm code. So we will see. I have a feeling I will win, but who knows. These are the same folks who took away our coffee.



I feel cranky today. I told Ken yesterday that I need his help with the house. I worry that although he will change for the short term, that it will be the same pattern in which he does good on helping in the beginning and then has the decline until I yell again.



Ken gets to carve a pumpkin in Bobby’s class today. I am jealous.



Parent/teacher conference scheduled. Nov 18th, which is cool since Dax has some Thanksgiving feast that morning. I can do both. I am now concerned since it is minimum days that whole week, which means we have to figure out who will be getting Bobby.



The boys and Ken have Thanksgiving week off. Not sure what they will all do that week.



I have decided that Thanksgiving will be adventure day. We will be pilgrims and discover some new place.



We need to get a pumpkin.



I want to build some kind of box around the little pans. I am tired of Luna helping herself to the Kitty Roca. Ken thinks it will keep us from cleaning the pans. I think that since it is now a To Do List item, that he can’t neglect it. So this is my plan for this weekend.



I can’t vote for either candidate for Governor, so I have to figure out which non major party person is the least offensive. I just hate both Jerry Brown and Meg Whitman so much!



There is enormous hate for this freelance writer who wrote a pretty hateful piece on fat people on tv. The net is a sea of pissed off folks. Her “sorry” post wasn’t much, and I read a post on Single Dad Laughing about how she shouldn’t be hated. I agree with his assessment, but I still find that she is a pretty ignorant chick. It is a shame that there are still folks out there that think things like losing weight is easy. Of course, I also understand how she can come to this conclusion. Just as there are gobs of people on magazines that tell the tales of losing 100 pounds with just sticking to a proper diet, we all know someone that ended up doing the deed and got themselves back to healthy. It seems like it should be easy, and in many ways, it is. I just would hope that she would understand that there is more to it than just over eating.



But I also understand what it is like to be out the outside looking in on a problem. We have all uttered these phrases to a friend or colleague: “Just dump him!” “Complain to HR!” “Just save $100 from each paycheck” “You just need to stop letting them use you.”



Seriously, if all of the problems of the world are easy enough to be solved with one simple phrase, don’t you think that we would have smaller self help sections in the bookstore and Dr. Oz and Ceasar Milan wouldn’t have a show?



I don’t want to get into right now, but I feel like I could have a huge piece on all of this.



My head hurts. I think I need to take something.

No comments: