Friday, October 1, 2010

This day is too busy

10-1-10




Busy morning ahead of me today. Really, a busy day ahead of me. I have a meeting at 9, flue shot right after that, and another meeting at 1:30 that I am going to stress in since I need to go get the kid.



Speaking of kid, I am at wit’s end with Bobby. Mrs. Fashe told me yesterday that he just can’t seem to keep his hands to himself, and he is not listening to instructions. I was so embarrassed and frustrated and I just didn’t know what to do.



I told Bobby that he lost shows until further notice. I also made him help me clean the house yesterday afternoon. This was a good thing as he was punished and I got out my frustration.



My house now looks much better. I redid the living room a bit and scrubbed the kitchen. It allows me to do the floors cinderelly star this weekend. I also worked on laundry that Ken had started. At this rate, I should be able to be finished with laundry tonight.



We also started to take down the pool. We drained the water into the yard and Ken is going to clean it really well this weekend so that we don’t store any mold. I know Luna and Bobby will be bummed, but part of the reason we are taking it down was that Bobby is not allowed to swim while he is acting up.



I have errands to run tonight including a Target run and going to my parents’ house. Is it bad that I am actually considering faking feeling woozy after my flu shot so I can just go home at noon?



People can argue all they want about whether or not Facebook is evil, but I am going with it is good. Two instances come to mind. One, on my own situation. I got so much good advice from multiple parents and teachers on how to deal with Bobby. I felt so incredibly supported. It was awesome.



The second was the horrific news about an old friend’s daughter. Scott’s daughter, who will be 3 in December, was diagnosed yesterday with a rare cancer and started chemo yesterday. He posted this information, presumably from the doctor’s office. It made me sick. I instantly offered my condolences and support, as did numerous others on his post. I know it will be tough battle for him and his family, and especially Madelyn. But I would imagine it has to be nice to have so many people in his network to lean on.



I am so swamped!!!!!

No comments: