Monday, October 25, 2010

I can breathe!!

10-25-10




It was a long weekend. It probably helped that I had most of Friday off.



Dax’s class meeting was quick. It took all of 30 minutes. But I am glad I went. I adore the crap out of his teacher, and she loves Dax. She told us what they were working on right now, and as she listed things they need to be able to do, I noted that Dax already knows all of these things. She is working on counting. He can count to 29 with no problem. Know the alphabet. He knows it. He even knows the colors (and has for some time) that mess with people like black, brown and white. Even gray! My kid is too smart. LOL!



I went home after and did laundry. Lots and lots of laundry. This included me being able to sit on my ass a good chunk of time. I even attempted to nap since I was still sickly.



I drove to get Bobby. All day I had been coughing so much that at one point I almost threw up and almost peed myself a bit. It was bad. I didn’t think walking up there was a good plan.



I got Mr. Bobby and he and I went and got some raffle tickets for the Halloween Carnival that night. The way they had it set up was boxes for each of the prizes. You could put your tickets towards the prize you wanted. They had tickets to Lakers, Disneyland, and gift cards for various restaurants. They had a guitar, a bike, a giant dollhouse, and other various baskets full of things. I told Bobby to choose what he liked and put it in the box he liked. I figured I didn’t really care, and it was for him. He put a few in one for this fancy watch. He put in one for the new guitar, and some in for this basket that was baby stuff including a handmade knit blanket and some books and a bear.



We got home and got Dax and the two of them got ready. It is cute seeing them in their costumes, all jazzed for the outing.



We walked up to the school, very slowly. I was not about to cough up a lung. It was nice, actually. I watched Bobby walk with his hands behind his back, which he explained was how General Grievous actually walks. We stopped and looked at random bugs and a cool mushroom ring. It was a really fun walk.



We got to the school early, but I am glad we did. It meant we could say hello to both the boys’ teachers without worrying about other kids wanting to do the same. Ms. Lira showed off Dax to this one gentleman (I think it was her fella, who was a sweetie) and introduced Dax as “Her Dax”. He then said, “Oh! This is the one you were talking about!” So that was way cool. She even later had him take a picture with her and Dax. Super cute.



Mrs. Fasheh was happy to see us and was super nice. It was cool! We played the games, which were like 4 really lame ones, but the boys did not care since they got a piece of candy with each play. They were excited when they saw classmates and were way jazzed in general.



Every grownup loved Dax’s Mickey Mouse costume and every kid loved Bobby’s Grievous. You could see parents gushing on how cute Dax was and kids in other Star Wars costumes oooh and awww in respect for Bobby’s choice. I was proud.



We got some grub and I chatted it up with one of the other students who sat near us. He and I were noting the amazing number of bees there were for costumes. Very polite kid, and I found myself very pleased with many of the kids I talked to there.



Ken showed up much earlier than we thought he would, so that was awesome! We bought more raffle tickets and the boys placed more tickets in the various boxes. We then sat and listed to see if we would win anything.



Bobby’s name was called. Woo hoo! Bobby ran up since Ken was already up there while Dax and I stayed sitting in the auditorium. The basket was the baby goodies. Both Ms. Lira and Mrs. Fasheh promptly asked Ken if he and I were expecting. LOL!! They were both super amused when we explained that this was the basket he chose.



Dax’s name was also called. He won a bucket full of cleaning supplies. No joke. Sponges, Lysol, Scrubbing Bubbles. Actually, it was an awesome set of stuff, but not so much for a 4 year old. They didn’t care. They both won.



They had a costume parade which was so cute to watch. Ken had taken them out to the yard for this, and I came once Ken texted me. He had wanted me to come so that each boy had a parent. But Dax didn’t need anyone. He ran off to his class with a simple bye to Ken and he marched with pride. Bobby, not as brave, but he did great. I got to chat it up with parents from Bobby’s class, and we all agreed that we like the teacher’s strict nature since she also seems to adore the kids. I am shocked at how at ease I have been talking to these parents!



Other teachers are now recognizing us since we have been around the school a bit, so I am really excited about this school. I was pissed that the principal was not there, but I have not been super impressed with her yet. But the teachers and other aides there have been totally sweet.



After the school, we went over to the Disney store for what I had hoped would be freebies for the kids. Unfortunately, it wasn’t an ongoing event. It had started at 6 prompt, and ended by 6:30. We got there maybe 10 minutes after that. Such a shame. Oh well.



We got home where Ken had to work on Lego for the Saturday tournament. I stayed up with him, and even helped some. I had taken my meds so that I could sleep well. I had NyQuil and a dose of the liquid vicodin that was Dax’s. I was loopy by the time I hit the sack, but man, I was out. I had also put some Vicks on my nose and got some better cough drops. I was in a coma until 9. It was awesome. I woke up, still a little loopy, but feeling so much better. I could breathe, I wasn’t coughing as much and I was ready for a day!



Bobby’s soccer game was fun. We had picked up some pom poms, which I think confused my team more than amused them. I think the boys, aside from Bobby, just don’t get how excited we are to cheer for our team. The other parents don’t cheer as much, so maybe that is why.



Bobby did great. He was much better and was getting to the ball. He even almost scored twice! Our team was beaten pretty easily, but no one really cares. They all had fun, which was awesome. I love watching the games, even when he is goofing around on the field. It makes me way happy.



We went by my parents’ house briefly to do a quick tutorial on my Blackberry that I am loaning my mom. Plus, we were picking up a new tooth fairy dish.



Bobby’s bottom front tooth is loose! YAY! He is growing up! Dr. Weston had said it would be soon. When Bobby told us on Friday, we of course realized that we should get to work on tooth fairy stuff.



When I was growing up, my parents had this little crystal dish in the shape of a spade. When we lost a tooth, we would put it in there, and the next morning we would have a penny, a nickel, a dime and a quarter. It was cool! Oh, and always a pack of gum. Well, I love the idea of a dish since it means we don’t have to worry about losing a tooth under his pillow. My mom then tells us at the game that she had the perfect dish.



She was underselling it because holy crap, this thing rules.



It is this little goblin guy who is holding open his mouth full of teeth. He is freaking awesome. The boys love him. We will not have a tooth fairy in our house. We will have a tooth goblin. .



Now, we have to figure out the best reward. Man, after polling the Facebook folks, I was shocked at how much kids get. I think that since Bobby is only 5, and really doesn’t get money, we will not go crazy on gobs of cash. However, we will present him with a certificate welcoming him to the Tooth Goblin’s route for his first tooth, and present him with a gold dollar since those are cool looking. Then we can take a trip to the Dollar Tree. I don’t think this tradition should be about the money so much as it should be about the fun.



We stopped at McDonald’s on the way home and let the boys run and play for an hour or so. It is a nice time had by all since we can zone out a bit. Plus, who doesn’t like McDonald’s fries?



I drugged out again Saturday night. This allowed me sleep until 8:30. I woke up with no Ken next to me, so I assumed that he had gotten up to play with the boys while I slept.



Not exactly.



Turns out the boys had gone into the closet and thrashed his Talisman game so Ken was in the playroom with them cleaning up the mess. Sorry, babe!



Sunday was the most mellow day ever. Ken made us all pancakes and they were fantastic. It allowed us all to be in a bit of a food coma all day. The boys played and played and played. Seriously, these two were out back, inside, out front, chatting it up with our neighbor and just running the whole time.



We managed to get up for a while and decorate the front of the house for Halloween purposes. The Jack O’ Lantern we put on the pillar light looks way cool. We still need a giant spider, so we may get that Friday.



I have work to get to this morning, including report prep. Luckily, it is all mostly busy work so not much at all. I am sleepy, but I chalk that up to still being slightly drugged this morning. But I can breathe, which I am telling you makes me so happy!



I think I should get to work so I will post this now.

No comments: